We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wheelchair friendly accomodation in UK near Cambridge

reviews: 2
Wheelchair friendly accomodation in UK near Cambridge

Anybody know of some affordable lodging near Cambridge or Saffron Walden?? Paraplegic - would love an accessible shower, etc. 2 people

Teesside
reviews: 1
1. Re: Wheelchair friendly accomodation in UK near Cambridge

Certburg, I found this for you I hope it's suitable

holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/…177406

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Destination Expert
for Poland
reviews: 42
2. Re: Wheelchair friendly accomodation in UK near Cambridge

Not clear on what you need but from my own experience (a) Travelodges are not suitable for wheelchair users as anything wider than a standard "push" chair will not fit through the doors (corridors, lifts or rooms) (b) Premier Inn is ok and usually does a good breakfast (c) Holiday Inn Express is the most expensive of the chains, gives you a fairly good wetroom but disabled rooms can be above ground floor. The Travelodge issues seem most prevalent in the newer lodges - very much designed down to a price, and their food options can be pretty awful. Premier Inn is usually attached to a pub/restaurant which is OK or has an in-house restaurant (OK) and HIE usually offers some microwave dinners in house but may be close to a pub, plus a mediocre breakfast in-house.

I suggest you do some research youself and post back here - some people and some companies have a very limited imaginationwhen it comes to catering for disabled people ... to the extent that if you ask "who can use your disabled rooms?" the answer would be those who are "a bit disabled". You gotta find somewhere that fits YOUR disabilities.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 69
3. Re: Wheelchair friendly accomodation in UK near Cambridge

Hi Certburg;

If you haven't already, I would suggest reading through the "Accessibility Checklist for Hotel Accommodation" at the top of this forum's page.

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g1-i12336-k4150249-…

Best Regards

Eastleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
reviews: 93
4. Re: Wheelchair friendly accomodation in UK near Cambridge

We have never experienced problems with wheelchair access to Travelodge disabled accessible rooms which are normally on ground floor next to reception - basic accommodation but properly equipped with grab bars etc.

Hertfordshire
reviews: 14
5. Re: Wheelchair friendly accomodation in UK near Cambridge

I have fully accessible accommodation but it may be to far away as my cottages are in Hertford. www.petasfieldcottages.co.uk

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 69
6. Re: Wheelchair friendly accomodation in UK near Cambridge

Toppy;

I would suggest that you familiarize yourself with the posting guidelines regarding the participation of business representatives, as your post is in violation of them.

tripadvisor.com/help/Can_I_sell_or_promote_s…

UK
reviews: 186
7. Re: Wheelchair friendly accomodation in UK near Cambridge

Hi,

You may find something suitable in the former Crowne Plaza Hotel in Cambridge, that has got good lift access but also look at the University Arms Hotel. If you are prepared to go further out look at the Dolphin Hotel, in St Ives that is on an accessible low floor easy bus route on the guided bus way into Cambridge in 15-20 minutes or so.

Just depends on what area you are visiting.

Cambridge, United...
8. Re: Wheelchair friendly accomodation in UK near Cambridge

/www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/cambridge/360499

You could look at this accomodation

Edited: 4:08 pm, April 13, 2013
9. Re: Wheelchair friendly accomodation in UK near Cambridge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 15, 2014