We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

water sports

California
reviews: 9
water sports

I will be taking my 44 year old developmentaly disabled son to Hawaii in Sept of next year..Are there any programs specifically designed for people with special needs for water sports or other activities, we are not sure yet what island would be best any ideas would be greatly

appriciated

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 208
1. Re: water sports

We spent two weeks in Hawaii last year. I did not see any programs like those you are seeking, but I was not looking for them so I really cannot comment on whether they are available.

Although this forum is dedicated to meeting the needs of those traveling with disabilities, I wonder if asking this question on the Hawaii Forum might not produce more responses that you are able to locate here.

I did have a friend with a physical disability that worked through a special travel agency called Access Aloha. I do not know if they would have any information about resources such as those you need, but perhaps you could write or call them.

California
2. Re: water sports

Thank you so much for your response...I have been on that forum its mostly transportation issues, but something might come up.. I did however get the information on Access Aloha...Thank you again so very much

3. Re: water sports

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, October 31, 2012
California
4. Re: water sports

Thank you so much for your post.. But he has always wanted to go to Hawaii and I think Italy is a bit more than we could handle...But Thank you

5. Re: water sports

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 01, 2013