We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for all inclusive accessible holiday in Europe

Norwich, United...
reviews: 2
Looking for all inclusive accessible holiday in Europe

Hi, i've just found this forum and hope someone here can help me. I'm a 30 year old wheelchair user and i'm looking at going on a package holiday abroad in late September/early October, preferably to somewhere like Cyprus, Egypt or Canary Isles. I will be travelling with my parents (who are both able bodied). I've looked on other websites, but so far have only found self catering, B&B and accommodation only (no flight included) holidays, when I would like to go all-inclusive with flight included. After an awful experience with Thomas Cook I really don't think i'll get very far with the larger tour operators, but of course if anyone has had a good experience with any company in particular, please let me know. Any advice would be appreciated. Many thanks!

Guildford, England...
reviews: 2
11. Re: Looking for all inclusive accessible holiday in Europe

Hi. My mum lives in a village outside Limassol (Lemesos) and is a wheelchair user. I am a frequent visitor and used to taking her around the town.

Limassol is a flat resort with a very long sea front with lovely walks, all recently done up, so you should be able to get around most of the town without an issue. There is also a new bus network with wheelchair access. In general, where there is not wheelchair access people are extremely helpful - extra hands just appear to help me when I need it. Some of the curbs are high and pavements can be in poor repair but it's probably not a bad bet for a holiday. We have had no access problems in the large hotels and again the staff tend to be more than helpful.

You should expect to have issues visiting the historic sites - access may be poor.

12. Re: Looking for all inclusive accessible holiday in Europe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 25, 2014