We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wheelchairs and airport transfers

mid glam
wheelchairs and airport transfers

I have booked to go to Alcudia next august and have been told they no longer except mobility scooters on the bus, does anyone know do they have to except a wheelchair on the transfer bus if I take that instead?

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Destination Expert
for Poland
reviews: 43
1. Re: wheelchairs and airport transfers

I;d suggest you contact them direct - they'll know what they can and must do

mid glam
2. Re: wheelchairs and airport transfers

Thank you John.

UK
reviews: 148
3. Re: wheelchairs and airport transfers

I'm not being difficult, but here in the uk, they are very tight on mobility scooters on the buses, and a lot of operators say no, it could be a legal issue or the have been forced to change their ways for some reason like being required to keep the wheelchair spaces free for wheelchair users. might be something to do with European disability rights legislation I don't know.

North East England
reviews: 15
4. Re: wheelchairs and airport transfers

Whenever I travel in USA or Europe, I use the manual chair as it folds up and I think it's the space a wheelchair takes and the weight that's the issue. The bus companies are obviously thinking about health and safety of their drivers, as they will not be used to lifting portable scooters in and out of the luggage boxes under the back or side of their buses. As we all know, the scooters come in lighter weight or heavy duty ones.

Brazil, Indiana
5. Re: wheelchairs and airport transfers

I think they have a wheelchair if you transfer.

6. Re: wheelchairs and airport transfers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, December 17, 2013