We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accessible Hawaii

Southport, North...
Accessible Hawaii

Hello all,

My husband and I, both paraplegics, will be traveling to Oahu, Maui and the Big Island in May of next year. We very much want to go snorkeling and kayaking. I found Body Glove Cruises on the Big Island, and they sound very accomodating. Has anyone in a chair had any experiences with these activities on Oahu or Maui? Google keeps bringing up a guy named Ron Bass, but I can't find a website or email address for him. We have decent upper body strength, but would require some lifting/help getting in and out of the kayak and water. Also, has anyone tried horseback riding there? I've found several therapeutic stables, but we really want to go out on some trails. Any info you can give would be greatly appreciated. We are super excited about this trip and just want to make the most of it.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
1. Re: Accessible Hawaii

This may be Ron Bass' company:

Maui Sea Kayaking

(808) 572-6299

You may be able to find some info from this link:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g28932-c155411/Hawaii…

2. Re: Accessible Hawaii

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 12, 2013