We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Check List are good but no comparison to firsthand witness

Vadodara, India
reviews: 156
Check List are good but no comparison to firsthand witness

Hi Again,

I appreciated what you have said and it can be helpful but when dealing with people with different languages or your language is there second it is difficult enough to make a basic booking. On top of this the general public and even hotel staff are generally fairly clueless about the needs of the disabled. Have found that even a posh hotel like the Shiv Niwas Palace in Udaipur where the staff are relatively well trained there was ignorance on the issue of wheelchair access.

The sad truth is that there is either little or as often as not no compliance with the law in India. I have been living and travelling here for over 7 years and have found only one hotel who truly complied in full (Mayfair in Gangtok).

I know you as yet don't agree with me for the need for a systematic way of reporting the accessibility but I hope you will consider the great boon this would be to both the elderly, infirm and wheelchair users. First hand knowledge is what you as an organisation are about.

We are effectively going backwards to where we can only rely on the supplier for information!

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 71
1. Re: Check List are good but no comparison to firsthand witness

>>"I know you as yet don't agree with me..."<<

>>"...is what you as an organisation are about."<<

Hi Petersurya;

This forum, like all the forums on TripAdvisor, is peer-to-peer assistance. It is NOT a way of communicating with TA staff.

As you have found, even speaking directly with a highly regarded hotel, it doesn't mean that the information you receive will be correct.

Best Regards

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 28
2. Re: Check List are good but no comparison to firsthand witness

This is where the Destination forums come in handy - asking people who have actually been there or who live there the questions you can't get answers to any other way.

Chicago, Illinois
3. Re: Check List are good but no comparison to firsthand witness

Checklist used to check it?

4. Re: Check List are good but no comparison to firsthand witness

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, July 15, 2013