We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mobility Scooters USA

West Bromwich...
reviews: 8
Mobility Scooters USA

Hi all , anyone know of any insurance i can get from the UK to cover accidental damage or theft for a rental Mobility Scooter in the USA , we are going in Sept 2012 and will be there for 14 days i have asked travel agents and they say it isnt covered by hol ins , HELP !!!!!

alabama
reviews: 1
1. Re: Mobility Scooters USA

where are you geting the scooter in the UK or waiting til you gt to the state

West Bromwich...
2. Re: Mobility Scooters USA

hi, ive already organised one to be at our hotel when we arrive in Vegas , thanks for replying , Barry

London, England
reviews: 60
3. Re: Mobility Scooters USA

Then surely it will already be insured, or the company you have rented it from may charge you extra for the insurance. I would contact them and ask them.

West Bromwich...
4. Re: Mobility Scooters USA

hi i did contact the renter and he said the understaning was if any damage it would be a full replacement

Eastbourne, United...
reviews: 18
5. Re: Mobility Scooters USA

Hi there Barry,

i am debs we are going over soon to florida, and i am looking into getting a wheelchair, i am trying just to get lights on the wheelchairs, its amazing that companies dont think of these things. I said what happens when it gets dark in Florida, as we know it does.

Have they emailed u the insursance details, if not ask them for it, or before u buy it,ask them to send u the details of it, so u know whats on there.

Who are u going with?

have a good time, hope u sort it out soon

lov debs

West Bromwich...
6. Re: Mobility Scooters USA

hi debs thanks for your msg , i contacted guy who im hiring scooter from , he said it was just if returned any damage would have to be paid by me , he is delivering it to my hotel in Vegas and my wife will be using it , ten when we finish i take it to a UPS office and send it back to him , i cant get any info about insurance cos thats all he told me , and its the only one that will fit in our hire car , hope you are keeping well , x

Eastbourne, United...
reviews: 18
7. Re: Mobility Scooters USA

Hi there Hope u had a good time on holiday, did u get it sorted, i hired one in the parks, u always pay for it, then again i didnt mind, because i was waiting for a operation when i got back home v/veins, they were killing me, there was only 3 clear ones, i have had it done now i am bruised from top to bottom, yellow and burgandy.

Anyway was it all sorted, we all learn from our lessions dont we.

I am just looking at the moment about buying one so it can go into mikes boot of the car, i am 44 and live with severe chronic pain from slipped discs into my legs every day, i have patches now on my arms, and i have had 3 operation in 2 years, 2 of them was plantar faschitus, spelt it wrong, its like walking on glass under the soul of your feet.

Did u damage the scooter, hope not

kind regards to you and your wife

debs from Eastbourne

West Bromwich...
8. Re: Mobility Scooters USA

Hi Debs , glad you had a good time , we got back thursday 4th oct, had a fantastic time , scooter was brilliant for my wife , as far as i know it was ok i sent it back to the guy when i was in the USA, if you are thinking of a boot scooter please make sure it will leave room in the boot of other stuff, we used to have a Ford Fusion ( fiesta) but it was too small, with scooter in there was no room for anything else, we changed our car with mobility and got a Qashqai , much better , my wife has got a Pride Go Go , which comes apart into 4 peices and you can put it together in seconds, its got a range of about 10miles too , hope you are keeping well Baz PS did you ever think of applying for your Mobility

reviews: 1
9. Re: Mobility Scooters USA

Did you get any insurance for theft etc whilst in the US. We are going to Flordia next year and my husband needs a scooter. Not sure whether to take ours from UK or hire one there. A little worried about if it gets stolen then we will have to pay! Any advice please?

West Bromwich...
10. Re: Mobility Scooters USA

hi i didnt manage to get any insurance for it im afraid , i tried everwhere but no luck , you will be able to hire one out there , we got one from an american site, but it had to be a small one to fit in the boot of out rental car, if size is no problem ask your hotel to look around local firms, and i guess the firm will provide insurance too if you ask , i think that it depends how big your hubbies scooter is , and you will have to think it could get damaged on route , then you will have to get one there , msg me back if you need any help ok , Barry