We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flat Resorts in Spain

Bolton, United...
reviews: 72
Flat Resorts in Spain

There are lots of web sites ref to disabled access hotels, but I can't find one that has any info on the flatness of Spanish resorts.

ie long promenade, no hills etc .

Teesside
reviews: 1
1. Re: Flat Resorts in Spain

Benidorm has a long prom and is relatively flat

Harrogate, United...
reviews: 2
2. Re: Flat Resorts in Spain

Islantilla on the Costa De La luz has a long prom also accessible beach.

Chicago, Illinois
3. Re: Flat Resorts in Spain

Are very good, I hope to be able to help those in need.Wish to have a pleasant journey.

London, England
reviews: 57
4. Re: Flat Resorts in Spain

Quite a lot of Spanish resorts have accessible promenades, but there are too many to name. Perhaps you could be more specific as to where you want to go.

Derbyshire
reviews: 7
5. Re: Flat Resorts in Spain

I have same problem. My husband needs a mobility scooter to travel round any resort, but only needs a drop kerb to access the hotel. We dont need disability aids in the hotel. We have been to S'illot in Majorca which is very flat and that leads on by way of a long promenade to Ca coma, which is lovely. We want to try somewhere different, but resorts such as Benedorm are our worst nightmare. A nice flat promenade, and small town with plenty of low key cafes and bars would be great. Would be nice to see the sea but have no intention of going on the beach at all. No preference where in spain as long as its not too far from an airport.

London, England
6. Re: Flat Resorts in Spain

On the Costa de la Luz both Chiclana and Chipiona have flat promenades and pedestrian shopping areas.

In Malloca the Alcudia area is very accessible and good for a family holiday. Salou, just south of Tarragona also has a flat promenade, also Estepona and Fuengirola on the Costa del Sol are flat.

Dunfermline
7. Re: Flat Resorts in Spain

DerbyshireHon

I too, like your husband,need a scooter to get around and looking for a resort.where first of all you can hire them and the terrain is nice and flat for it.

I too hate places like Benidorm.Like nice restaurants,some nice shops and a nice attractive prom area.Would you say that the places in Majorca fall in to that category?Thanks

London, England
8. Re: Flat Resorts in Spain

Yes, Mallorca would be fine. There is also a bit of a 'catch 22' scenario here. It is easy to hire the scooters in places like Mallorca and Benidorm, but these are not necessarily they type of resorts you are looking for.

The alternative is to rent a scooter in the UK and take it with you. Then there are plenty of places to choose from.

Dunfermline
9. Re: Flat Resorts in Spain

hermanaeriza

Yes that might be an idea,but I would worry about getting it to and from airports,

Chances that it might break down and spoil the holiday.that wayThere surely must be some nice, friendly but not rowdy resorts,which are good for scooters,both hiring and the terrain issues.Or am I being too optimistic.

Dunfermline
10. Re: Flat Resorts in Spain

hermanareiza

By the way I have noted your previous suggestions on the Costas Thanks