We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape Verde with wheelchair

London
Cape Verde with wheelchair

Hello,

I'd really appreciate any information/advice about going to Cape verde with a wheelchair for christmas.

I use a self-propelling chair and am wondering how easy that will be.

So anyone with experience of any of the hotels or cape verde in general or thompson flights please let me know your experiences.

Many thanks

London, England
reviews: 60
1. Re: Cape Verde with wheelchair

I've never been to Cape Verde, but did do some research on it for a holiday a couple of years ago. I believe it is lacking in infrastructure and as a wheelchair user you would find it difficult to get around.

You may get a better response if you post your question in the cape verde Forum.

However, if it is winter sunsine you are considering, why don't you go to the Canary islands. They have many places suitable for wheelchair users.

London
2. Re: Cape Verde with wheelchair

thanks for your reply.

I did post on cape verde forum and had one reply.

I am now looking at Gran canaria!

London, England
reviews: 60
3. Re: Cape Verde with wheelchair

if you are considering Gran Canaria I would look at Maspalomas/Meloneras areas which will be more suitable for you.

Puerto Rico is very hilly and IMHO is fairly tacky.

You will find plenty of info on the Canary Islands Forum. I understand Tenerife is very wheelchair friendly these days, but it is a while since I have been there.

Good luck.

reviews: 7
4. Re: Cape Verde with wheelchair

My

Husband is wheelchair bound we found via vista touareg riu a fab place no probs totally flat and wheelchair rooms vest hotel we've stayed in

We've been twice now just ring hotel and book the handicapped room we ate liking to go to sal riu garopa and Funanna if you know of that one thanks

5. Re: Cape Verde with wheelchair

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:45 am, July 11, 2013