We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wheelchair-Accessiibility in low-end Accor Hotels

Ottawa
Wheelchair-Accessiibility in low-end Accor Hotels

I will be travelling throughout southern Europe with a friend in September. We are considering staying at the Etap, All Seasons or Ibis hotels since we are on a limited budget and upscale hotels don't impress us. Many of them advertise "reduced-mobility" rooms. That is an abstract term, I require more information on what they mean. Specifically:

- Is the bathroom larger than the one in a regular room?

- Is the bathroom doorway at least 66 cm wide?

- Are there grab bars beside the toilet and in the shower?

- Is there a fold-down seat in the shower?

- Is thsere an opening under the sink for my legs?

- What type of bed(s) is in the room, twin or double?

They are not responding to my inquires either because of the language barrier or they just can't be bothered. As well, since I will be staying at several hotels during my travels I would like to know if all hotels advertising "accessible” rooms conform to some corporate standard.

If you have any experience with these hotel chains, I wulld appreciate it hearing about it.

Thanks,

Gig Harbor...
reviews: 111
1. Re: Wheelchair-Accessiibility in low-end Accor Hotels

The following links are directly from Accor hotels website. There are hundreds of properties that state they are accessible. Yes the language barrier can be confusing, but in general if the properties state they are Disabled or Handicapped accessible there will be wider doorways, ramps, and other features that would make things easier to manage. Shower or tub stools are often available upon request. Grab bars should be there, but I would suggest calling the hotels that interest you direct and ask the questions that require answers. It has been my experience that the majority of e-mail inquiries go ignored - not a practice that I am fond of, as I think it would be considerate to have the responses in writing.

http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/reservation/recherche_motscles.shtml?=handicapped+accessible

accorhotels.com/gb/…

I also suggest perusing the website at disaboom.com and other links here in the forum.

2. Re: Wheelchair-Accessiibility in low-end Accor Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:27 am, December 03, 2009