We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buy insulin & syringe in Halifax, NS Canada, no prescription

Saudi Arabia
reviews: 2
Buy insulin & syringe in Halifax, NS Canada, no prescription

Greetings:

My wife and I will be vacationing in Halifax this summer. We are bringing enough insulin and syringes with us to hopefully last the summer vacation but, just in case, can you buy insulin and syringes in Halifax, NS, Canada without a prescription? I have heard that you can buy insulin in Ontario, Canada without prescription but even if this true, perhaps every Canadian province is different. Any advice or information anyone can give me is greatly appreciated.

Southern California
reviews: 13
1. Re: Buy insulin & syringe in Halifax, NS Canada, no prescription

You should contact a Canadian pharmacy online & ask them if an Rx is required, because if it IS, Canadian pharmacies will NOT fill prescriptions IN CANADA if the Rx is from a non-Canadian MD.

I have a Canadian MD friend, so I know this for a fact. She was unable to fill an Rx for me in Toronto written by my US MD.

If I wanted to have the Canadian pharmacy fill it for me online, to be sent to me in the US, that is ok.

So, find out if it requires an Rx in Canada by contacting one of the MANY Canadian pharmacies online (just type Canadian pharmacy into GOOGLE) & email them...

I would assume it does require an Rx & in that case you should bring it.

It's too important to take the advice of travelers on this website.

2. Re: Buy insulin & syringe in Halifax, NS Canada, no prescription

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, November 28, 2009