We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelers with Disabilities: Do NOT Fly on Lufthansa

Long Beach...
reviews: 19
Travelers with Disabilities: Do NOT Fly on Lufthansa

Eye witness report from a flight to Los Angeles from Frankfurt, Germany. An elderly man in a wheel chair was taken through the jetway onto the airplane. The flight attendants were clearly annoyed with the man because he was heavy. The assistants literally picked him up and roughly put him into his seat. He cried out in pain and the employees just walked away. Later on the same flight a diabetic passenger asked for orange juice because it had been 9 hours between meal services and she was feeling woozy. The flight attendant screamed at her and told her to wait for another half hour until the beverage service. The last straw was when the disabled man wanted to take a short walk to help his circulation and the employees refused to help him. He sat in pain the entire 12 hours. Upon exiting the plane I told the flight attendants I would post on the Internet about their dispicable behavior and they said, "Go ahead!" and laughed as I walked off the plane.

Connecticut Yankee
reviews: 9
1. Re: Travelers with Disabilities: Do NOT Fly on Lufthansa

I am sorry, but posting here simply isn't enough. You really must contact Lufthansa directly with your story.

Please also post this information on the airline forum.

Here's the link to contact the airline:

lufthansa.com/online/…

...don't be afraid to be direct, specific and brutally honest when you write them with your complaints and concerns.

Long Beach...
reviews: 19
2. Re: Travelers with Disabilities: Do NOT Fly on Lufthansa

I sent a fed ex letter to the CEO in Frankfurt twice and never received a reply. What is so horrible about them is their "culture of indifference". They just do not care. From the ground to the sky it's all the same. That's why I am posting.

3. Re: Travelers with Disabilities: Do NOT Fly on Lufthansa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11:54 pm, May 12, 2009
Connecticut Yankee
reviews: 9
4. Re: Travelers with Disabilities: Do NOT Fly on Lufthansa

I see you've posted another thread about another experience you've had involving Luthansa while you were traveling with a broken arm. Are you referencing two bad flights or is this a segment of one flight you failed to include in an earlier post?

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k2603121…

I really think if you're going to write a complaint it is imperative to be completely forthcoming and honest.