We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disabled assistance booking tips London via Paris/Narbonne

London
reviews: 2
Disabled assistance booking tips London via Paris/Narbonne

Just booked with Rail Europe for journey St Pancras Eurostar via Paris to Narbonne in France. I have to use crutches to walk and have limited mobility. Rail Europe refusing to make any disability assistance arrangements for the journey even though they have happily taken £200+ of my money. Eurostar saying they can do nothing until the day of travel and then only for their part of the journey. Has anyone else had experience of making advance arrangements (essential for me) on an equivalent journey using these providers. I have friends meeting me in Narbonne so no problem there. Any tips/previous experience of successful arrangements appreciated.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 65
1. Re: Disabled assistance booking tips London via Paris/Narbonne

Hi tiggsLondon;

I would suggest posting your question on the Train Travel forum as well.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12483-Train_Tr…

Best Regards

London
2. Re: Disabled assistance booking tips London via Paris/Narbonne

Thanks for suggestion. Have followed that up and will see what response I get from either forum.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 65
3. Re: Disabled assistance booking tips London via Paris/Narbonne

You're Welcome !

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 201
4. Re: Disabled assistance booking tips London via Paris/Narbonne

Hi tiggsLondon, Sorry to learn of your difficulties. If you are able to get any answers would you please return to this forum and post them? Also, if you could post a trip report here about your experiences that would also be great.

London
5. Re: Disabled assistance booking tips London via Paris/Narbonne

Yes will try and do this. Apparently there is no other way for me to get advanced disabled assistance set up other than to turn up on the day and Eurostar will book the onward assistance for the journey. However, do not see how this will work for the return leg as SNCF have responsibility for the start of that day's journey! Have already discovered that one of the seats allocated to me on the French leg is an upper deck seat which Rail Europe are meant to be changing. If we are part of Europe we should have best practice of disabled assistance offered regardless of which of the countries we book in: in UK the starting point train operator takes responsibility for booking seat reservations and assistance for the whole of the journey as soon as booking made and no later than 24 hours before travel. Disability unfortunately means no spontaneous travel and this whole experience is not doing much for my blood pressure!

6. Re: Disabled assistance booking tips London via Paris/Narbonne

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, November 02, 2009