We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disabled visitor to Paris, quick / free admission to Museums

Athens
Disabled visitor to Paris, quick / free admission to Museums

Hello to all :)

I am planning a 5 days trip to Paris, next September.

I am a disabled visitor.

Suffering from a chronic cardiac disease, i don't use a wheelchair, i walk perfectly in low tempo, so i will be able to walk around, still have limited mobility regarding times i can stand.

I have been in Paris again a few years go, so i know what to expect regarding metro accesibility for example.

Many museums in Paris, Centre Pompidou for example, accept disabled visitors on free admission.

a. Does free admission apply for disabled visitors originating from other European Union countries?

b. Here in Greece, disabled residents get a "culture card" that is a valid certificate to grant quick and free entrance to public ancient sites and museums. Since i don't use a wheelchair, what kind of documentation should i carry along as a valid certificate to get the benefit of a quick and free admission?

I also have posted a thread in Paris forum, still i thought of posting here too, in order to get more answers.

Thank you very much for your time :)

Paris 4th Arr
reviews: 7
1. Re: Disabled visitor to Paris, quick / free admission to Museums

Some good friends, a couple in their 60s from the east coast of the US recently visited Paris. She had polio as a child and walks with a brace. They bought a package that included museum passes. When they went to use them, the personnel at every museum waved them through and never asked to see a pass or ticket.

Don't know if that helps.

Athens
2. Re: Disabled visitor to Paris, quick / free admission to Museums

Thank you very much for the post :)

I appreciate time you devoted on it :))

Gig Harbor...
reviews: 99
3. Re: Disabled visitor to Paris, quick / free admission to Museums

ParisInSeptember - Happy to see that you are getting responses now on the Paris forum, wish I could have been more helpful.

The following link is quite helpful and available in several languages. Invisible Disability Advocates is a non-profit that was born from the need of offering enformation, tips, understanding.

http://www.invisibledisabilities.org/

4. Re: Disabled visitor to Paris, quick / free admission to Museums

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 am, October 27, 2009