We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel insurance

draycote
reviews: 4
travel insurance

I would like some advice on the best insurance company to use following treatment for cancer.I would like to visit Canada and Italy

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 65
1. Re: travel insurance

Hi;

I would suggest speaking to an insurance broker near you.

Best Regards

Southern California
reviews: 13
2. Re: travel insurance

do you mean TRAVEL INSURANCE?

Travel Guard & Access America are the best, be sure to get a plan w/ medical evacuation coverage, it costs more, but an air evac flight to a hospital can cost $35,000+ one way. If Natasha Richardson had had this, she probably would have lived.

Depending upon when you last were treated for cancer, I don't know if any travel insurance, trip cancellation company will cover you...

BTW, check w/ your health insurance company to see what they will cover in other countries & states, don't assume you're covered.

Phoenix
reviews: 1
3. Re: travel insurance

Look at the website InsureMyTrip. They list numerous insurance policies - some wave the preexisting condition rule IF you buy their insurance within a specific number of days after making your first payment for the trip. Since I travel in a wheelchair my husband and I have carried Med-Jet Insurance for evacuation - great company.

colchester
Destination Expert
for Agadir
reviews: 29
4. Re: travel insurance

Try www.allcleartravel.com , phone 0800 0825252. They are about the only firm to quote for my Dad's trip to NZ, and the people on the phone were really kind and helpful.

I think their website need you to call if there are pre existing conditions, but the call is free.

Hope it helps,

Jaycine

5. Re: travel insurance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, November 16, 2009