We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights to New Zealand...

England
reviews: 10
Flights to New Zealand...

I usually fly to NZ directly or sometiems via

Singapore. It is whatever way one flies a long long trip. I have vowed never to do it again..but once more the lure if NZ is calling. so please can anyone help...I find that flying business class so expensive so now wonder of I got a round the world ticket if I can take "hops" to NZ..of aprox 6/7 hours I could then have stop overs of a couple of days before travelling on...Can anyone suggest an itinery ? I would be most grateful. I do realise this of course would highten up the fear of my wheelchair being damaged between trip !! but ...perhaps needs must.

Thank You

Sybil

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 65
1. Re: Flights to New Zealand...

Hi Sybil;

I would suggest posting your question in the air travel forum as well.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ForumHome

Best Regards

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Coolangatta
reviews: 14
2. Re: Flights to New Zealand...

ever thought of looking at an airline with premium economy?

Southern California
reviews: 13
3. Re: Flights to New Zealand...

Thai Airways has premium economy which is equivalent to business class in the US.

We flew it from LAX-BKK-LAX & on the way home, there was no premium economy cabin, so they put us in business class, which was equal to first class in the US. A reclining, totally adjustable chair, great food on china, nonstop food/beverage service & neat toiletry gifts in silk travel bags.

Many foreign carriers have premium economy, check on kayak.com

England
reviews: 10
4. Re: Flights to New Zealand...

Sorry I was thnaking you for that avice when my reply disapeared !! I have looked into that way of flying but still find it a bit expensive.. However I am trying to get NZ out of my system..and have booked a trip to Canada later in the year (Toronto)

Thank you again. sybil wilson

Southern California
reviews: 13
5. Re: Flights to New Zealand...

LAX to Auckland on Quantas was terrific w/ my elderly mom, both going & returning (she'd fallen & hurt herself & TRAVEL GUARD was wonderful)... the stewards were incredible.

I can't say the same for all TSA workers at LAX, some are good, others dump you at a gate & never return.

So, make sure your carrier knows & cares.

6. Re: Flights to New Zealand...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, November 28, 2009