We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All-Inclusives accomodating Disabilities

ontario
All-Inclusives accomodating Disabilities

I am getting married in February 2010 and we are planning a destination wedding. My sister has Cerbral Palsy and she requires a 2 bedroom suite or an adjoining room so my parents can be close to her. We also need a resort that is accessible with a beach that is fairly flat and fairly calm ocean. I have been researching the Mayan Riviera and Punta Cana but haven't been able to find a resort that will guarantee the kind of room arrangement that we need. If anyone has any recommendations, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 65
1. Re: All-Inclusives accomodating Disabilities

Hi;

I would suggest posting in the Punta Cana forum as well.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g147293-i28-Punta_…

Best Regards

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Coolangatta
reviews: 14
2. Re: All-Inclusives accomodating Disabilities

if im interested in a particular resort/hotel,I just email them directly and ask those type of questions.

then if they reply that they are suitable for my requirements,I then read the reviews,in more detail,on here!

Southern California
reviews: 13
3. Re: All-Inclusives accomodating Disabilities

The ocean in the Mayan Riviera is NOT calm... there's also a travel alert for Cancun, Mexico from US, British gov't.

Anguilla in the British West Indies has beautiful, calm beaches, US$ & very friendly locals. Check directly w/ a resort.

Also, Marriott hotels are excellent, find an island that you want to visit & contact the Marriott property directly. The Marriott Palm Desert, in CA is totally accessible, if you like a desert climate.

I'd also contact Club Med (Caribbean clubs), Sandals (and if you like kids) Beaches.com to ascertain which ones are accessible in Jamaica or Caribbean. Contact the resorts directly, do not take the opinion of an 800 operator.

We were misinformed by the Peninsula operator that an accessible toilet seat was n/a in Bangkok, but when we checked in, I called housekeeping & they brought one over in a few minutes with rubber mats to make the floor around the toilet safe.

Four Seasons also are excellent, if you can afford it. BTW, if you're getting a lot of rooms, negotiate with their sales office for a better room rate.

Hagerstown, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations
reviews: 53
4. Re: All-Inclusives accomodating Disabilities

The calm waters in the Cancun area are the ones between Downtown and the Dreams Cancun resort (along the top of the "7"). I think this is an old map but it will give you SOME current hotel names. Anything before #28 (Dreams Cancun) is calm water. Casa Maya may have family suites and it is on calm water.

www.travelyucatan.com/cancun_hotel_map.php

Punta Cana is beautiful but the water is not as calm. Their are some calm beaches in the Bahamas, too.

Hope that helps!

5. Re: All-Inclusives accomodating Disabilities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:27 am, October 19, 2009