We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone booked through wish getaways?

Sonoma, California
reviews: 7
Has anyone booked through wish getaways?

I received a call from this company who claim to be operating from Cabo in Mexico (I´ve been there several times, I figured somehow they got my contact info from one of my stays).. They offered me 5 nights and 6 days at a 5 star resort in Cabo, Puerta Vallarta or Cancun, the package is supposed to be all-inclusive, regarding meals and drinks and that it was good for 2 adults and the exchange is to go to one of those timeshare presentations at the resort I choose to stay. Total price for this deal is $420 US.. I think is worth the time you spend in a timeshare breakfast; I quoted the same amount of nights at some of the resorts they are offering and there is a 50-70 % in savings! A piece of advise will be highly appreciated.

8 replies to this topic
San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 57
1. Re: Has anyone booked through wish getaways?

When people call you on the phone to offer you a "great deal" always ask for the brochure to see it in writing.

Too good to be true is usually just that, not true! There may be exceptions so just beware!

Sonoma, California
2. Re: Has anyone booked through wish getaways?

Thank you for your reply, I´ve been searching online and I can´t see any bad reputation for these guys.. But will be careful!

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
reviews: 59
3. Re: Has anyone booked through wish getaways?

These kind of companies sometimes change names often to hide their bad reputation. Merely finding no bad information doesn't mean much unless you can determine that they have been in business a long time.

A big red flag would be if they want you to pay the price without booking specific dates. These places are known for taking your money and never finding dates where the quoted rates are available.

Edited: 9:48 am, July 18, 2013
Feeding Hills...
reviews: 3
4. Re: Has anyone booked through wish getaways?

I was also contacted to visit Hacienda Encantada in Los Cabos for 5 nights for $600. He told me that the hotel would call to confirm before we had to pay anything by PayPal. I just called the resort and was told to call Member Services tomorrow and see what they say and that they did hire a third party company to sell these vacation packages. We all know the most expensive hotel room is an empty one...

Redding, California
5. Re: Has anyone booked through wish getaways?

Count me in as the third person to get a call from this mystery company offering me an "unbelievable" package at questionable prices. We were first contacted back in June and since then my wife and I scoured the internet looking for information about the company, but couldn't find anything other than this thread of posts, another forum post with no responses (www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189347), their website, and fb info.

We just booked open-date vacation through them for later in October yesterday morning. We didn't pay anything up front because it's open date and that gave us 2 options: 1-it buys us more time to see if anything turns up about this company good or bad regarding scams. 2-if everything continues to checkout with the resort/confirmations/etc. then we really will have an insane deal to stay at the Villa group resort in Cabo.

Fingers crossed and living on a prayer is an understatement.

Sonoma, California
6. Re: Has anyone booked through wish getaways?

Well, I think I´m gonna give it a try, as leavito up here says, they don´t ask for payment in advance, only after you receive the confirmation from the resort.. I don´t think a 4/5 star resort is going to risk its reputation for a third party. "Wish" me luck.. I´ll let you know how it all went. I´m planning to go to Cabo in November. Cheers!

7. Re: Has anyone booked through wish getaways?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:43 pm, August 08, 2013

CANYON LAKE
reviews: 10
8. Re: Has anyone booked through wish getaways?

I got this as a member from Hacienda Encantada:

Dear Member:

We would like to remind you that you should not provide details regarding your contract, credit card numbers or any personal information to anyone not authorized by Hacienda Encantada. You will be notified of any promotions or offers through email or through our website www.gbsinternationalinc.com. It has come to our attention that a company under the name Wish Get Aways has been contacting Hacienda Encantada members. Please note that company is not affiliated with Hacienda Encantada or GBS International.

This would for sure scare me away from these guys.

Reply to: Has anyone booked through wish getaways?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted