We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

clever-hotels.com/scam and trivago's non existent helpdesk

London, United...
clever-hotels.com/scam and trivago's non existent helpdesk

Have spent the last 12 hours trying to sort out a dispute with clever-hotels.com. False statements on their website, no customer service centre as stated, no replies to over 25 emails, complaint and complaint on facebook, twitter and many other sites. Why did I not read these pre-booking with them? Total frauds, now up to Amex to sort out luckily they are wonderfully helpful. Any tips anybody? How on earth can i sort matters out when 10 emails to Trivago's customer suport service don't get replied to either...........end of my tether

50 replies to this topic
Larne, United...
reviews: 4
11. Re: clever-hotels.com/scam and trivago's non existent helpdesk

When you send an email to anyone to complain, They can say they never received it. What I do is send one email to them and send one to your own email address at the same time. If you receive yours you then know they got theirs and you are left with proof of what you have sent. Has never failed me yet. Good Luck.

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 1
12. Re: clever-hotels.com/scam and trivago's non existent helpdesk

literally just got caught by this scam of a website my moneys now gone. dont know what to do it was a present for my girlfriend for our anniversary. dont book with them guys save yourselves. ive booked many things with trivago but they have definitely lost a customer.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
reviews: 30
13. Re: clever-hotels.com/scam and trivago's non existent helpdesk

Iredub,

I'm quite certain you haven't read any of the previous posts, nor are you likely to return, but as stated by LS, Trivago is a meta-search site. You did not book anything with them, it's Clever-Hotels you have grievances with.

Edited: 7:16 am, August 06, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
14. Re: clever-hotels.com/scam and trivago's non existent helpdesk

No because trivago is referring them. Clever hotels is a scam (that's clear to everyone) an trivago is referring them. Of I told you to buy something off someone an you did and it turned out to be a scam wouldn't you be angry at me too??? Of course you would

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
15. Re: clever-hotels.com/scam and trivago's non existent helpdesk

So if you got to Clever-hotels through Google would you be mad at Google? Trivago didn't tell you to buy anything, it's merely a site that allows you to compare prices between different sites, good or bad.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
16. Re: clever-hotels.com/scam and trivago's non existent helpdesk

But Trivago is not referring, they are a search engine - an advertising medium. If you purchased something advertised in a newspaper, which isn't to your satisfaction, it has nothing to do with the newspaper.

And no, I'd be directing all my might at the correct people. But if you wish to continue trying to chase up Trivago - absolutely. It'll merely add to your frustration, because A) They won't respond, B) They're not legally responsible for the delivery of the end product. The first thing anyone will ask is - who did you book it with.

All we are trying to do is to reduce your added frustration and point you at the source of the cause. Not defending Clever Hotels whatsoever.

Edited: 8:20 am, August 06, 2013
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
17. Re: clever-hotels.com/scam and trivago's non existent helpdesk

Lex gives much better example and easier to understand.

Dublin, Ireland
18. Re: clever-hotels.com/scam and trivago's non existent helpdesk

Not every search engine is available on trivago. They pick and choose who is on their searches. So if I picked something that was a scam and "advertised" it and it turned out to be a scam I would hold myself partly responsible. Needless to say they've robbed me of a large large portion of money and I don't know if that will get back to me. Trivago holds some responsibility, they're a business and all businesses do. So I don't agree with what you're saying, respectfully.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
19. Re: clever-hotels.com/scam and trivago's non existent helpdesk

You don't have to agree at all.

We are merely stating something we know, and as for whether you agree, is of no consequence for us. We don't stand to gain anything by sending you off in the wrong direction.

I'd be very interested to see the end result, and with whom you resolved it with. Because we hear these complaints against TA also - the same "you referred us" complaints, regarding advertising.

Edited: 8:59 am, August 06, 2013
Buenos Aires...
20. Re: clever-hotels.com/scam and trivago's non existent helpdesk

Trivago use clever-hotels who have gone into liquidation 23rd Aug 2013. Do Not Book!!!!

Reply to: clever-hotels.com/scam and trivago's non existent helpdesk
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted