We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

clever-hotels.com/scam and trivago's non existent helpdesk

London, United...
reviews: 1
clever-hotels.com/scam and trivago's non existent helpdesk

Have spent the last 12 hours trying to sort out a dispute with clever-hotels.com. False statements on their website, no customer service centre as stated, no replies to over 25 emails, complaint and complaint on facebook, twitter and many other sites. Why did I not read these pre-booking with them? Total frauds, now up to Amex to sort out luckily they are wonderfully helpful. Any tips anybody? How on earth can i sort matters out when 10 emails to Trivago's customer suport service don't get replied to either...........end of my tether

52 replies to this topic
Cardiff, United...
1. Re: clever-hotels.com/scam and trivago's non existent helpdesk

Try and get a contact number for them.... are they either TTA or ABTA bonded? If so report them!!!!!

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
2. Re: clever-hotels.com/scam and trivago's non existent helpdesk

Trivago is only a price comparison site, and Clever Hotels are a German bedbank. If you wanted to use a bed bedbank, why not use a UK company?

Orlando, Florida
3. Re: clever-hotels.com/scam and trivago's non existent helpdesk

Agree with post #2 in that Trivago has no need to provide 'customer support' since you are not their customer at all. They only provide you an online tool to compare rates, you choose the site you like and they send you to them. Trivago did not handle the transaction, so your complaint and issues will need to go to cleverhotels.

Further to that, I've seen a number of poor/questionable interactions with cleverhotels.

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 23
4. Re: clever-hotels.com/scam and trivago's non existent helpdesk

Did you actually manage to get a hotel booked through this site or is it a bogus site - I recently got caught out with a totally bogus site and when I tried to confirm my booking with the reference they had supplied the hotel had no record of it - I got all of my money back from Nationwide but it ws a hassle .

Is this the same type of problem that you had with Clever Hotels as I was just about to book with them?

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 23
5. Re: clever-hotels.com/scam and trivago's non existent helpdesk

Did you actually manage to get a hotel booked through this site or is it a bogus site - I recently got caught out with a totally bogus site and when I tried to confirm my booking with the reference they had supplied the hotel had no record of it - I got all of my money back from Nationwide but it ws a hassle .

Is this the same type of problem that you had with Clever Hotels as I was just about to book with them?

Iowa
reviews: 27
6. Re: clever-hotels.com/scam and trivago's non existent helpdesk

Myra.....Why not book direct with the hotel and save the worries? I assume because of money. How much can you save? There are hundreds of thousands of on-line travel sites. If you go looking for cheap you will suffer the "hassle" again.

London, United...
reviews: 8
7. Re: clever-hotels.com/scam and trivago's non existent helpdesk

Hey, had the same problem. Total scam. They never answer their phone - have sent 3 emails in 24 hours with no reply. Feel crap for thinking onto a good thing. No such thing as a good deal! Very angry with Trivago for allowing Clever Hotels a place on their site. Thought Trivago was credible :(

Wellingborough...
8. Re: clever-hotels.com/scam and trivago's non existent helpdesk

Thank you all as I was about to book with them - too good to be true!

Franklin Park...
9. Re: clever-hotels.com/scam and trivago's non existent helpdesk

I tried to cancel a reservation & cannot do this through the hotel, only through Trivago. There is NO phone number to contact them. When I try to send them a message though their contact form, it says "Oops!". There is no way to cancel my reservation. I will be contacting my CC company.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
10. Re: clever-hotels.com/scam and trivago's non existent helpdesk

Trivago is only a price comparison site. You've not booked anything with them, and you can't cancel anything with them. Any cancellations or amendments have to be done direct with the hotel booking site you went through.

I doubt your credit card company will help you, as you're not trying to cancel with the correct company!

Reply to: clever-hotels.com/scam and trivago's non existent helpdesk
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions