We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

clever-hotels.com/Navelar and, separately, cheaphotels.com

Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 40
clever-hotels.com/Navelar and, separately, cheaphotels.com

I'm busy shopping around for city center hotel deals and have come across both these websites. On the face of it they are both very competitive, certainly cheaper than others I have used before such as hotels.com or lastminute.com for the same property.

Please, has anybody used them, heard of others experiences of using them or know anything about either company, good or bad?

Anything else useful to know before I consider booking via one of these third party brokers?

9 replies to this topic
Charlotte, NC
reviews: 158
1. Re: clever-hotels.com/Navelar and, separately, cheaphotels.com

All I know is that the cheaphotels.com are not accredited with Better Business Bureau. (in Dallas, TX)...Some complaints -You can google complaints against + name of co. for anything...On a scale of A+ to F - IT HAS F! (the Dallas, TX), but the toll free number is re-routed to BVI, I think...

bbb.org/dallas/business-reviews/hotels/cheap…

I think the same co. (whether .com or UK is:(http://www.cheaphotels.co.uk/contact.htm)

is based in British Virgin Islands....

PO Box 146, Road Town, Tortola,Virgin Islands (British)

I guess you should do more research. Here is some info about the clever hotels...

www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/thread.jspa…

You can always try to contact the hotel directly & "offer" the price the 2 companies are giving.... It works sometimes - but you need to talk to the Manager or Sales Mgr. who has the authority to discount. Good Luck!

Edited: 8:51 am, March 28, 2013
Orlando, Florida
2. Re: clever-hotels.com/Navelar and, separately, cheaphotels.com

Just a search here on TA for 'clever-hotels' and you will have your answer for them. There are just too many issues to list in one post. As for cheaphotels, @sophie0811 raises a good point about their BBB score which is cause for alarm for me.

Dulverton, United...
3. Re: clever-hotels.com/Navelar and, separately, cheaphotels.com

I have booked ( and paid ) one night B & B 3 weeks ago - a hotelroom at Holiday Inn up in Scotland through Navelar - Clever Hotels. I had got all the usual booking reference code etcetera fine. Upon arrival there was NO reservation; the hotel was fully booked and I was in trouble. I have addressed Clever Hotels and Navelar 3 times so far via e-mail and countless times over the phone. The phone nr they give is permanently busy and all my e-mails are totally ignored. Any tip were to place a complaint which works to stop Navelar/Clever Hotels doing more of this sort of fraud? Thanks a lot and best wishes

Dr Ueli Zellweger

Kettering, United...
reviews: 1
4. Re: clever-hotels.com/Navelar and, separately, cheaphotels.com

Re: Navelar/clever hotels.com I have booked through this site. It is to be avoided should you have to cancel due to unforseen circumstances - as you will loose 80% of your money. EG: they will return only 10% ! - and this is a cancellation within one hour. They are slow to answer emails and do not discuss the situation - they are not interested, only in getting your money - customer service is nill. I will not use them again and would not recommend them. So, Dr. Zellweger, I fully undestand and agree with your comments.

Warwick, United...
reviews: 5
5. Re: clever-hotels.com/Navelar and, separately, cheaphotels.com

Have just checked my hotel reservation made in January through Navelar. Hotel does not have my reservation but Navelar has taken my credit card payment. Am trying to contact Navelar now but cannot get an answer. Their prepaid voucher for the booking did not show any contact details, I have had to find them elsewhere. On this basis alone, I would NOT recommend using Navelar.

Warsaw, Poland
6. Re: clever-hotels.com/Navelar and, separately, cheaphotels.com

Dear Deborah, could you please advise what was the outcome of your story? Did you eventually stay at the hotel with the voucher von clever-hotels? I have recently made a booking with them and you can find all contact details in the confirmation e-mail. I have also rang them to check the cancellation policy and they have really convenient call center system with the most common questions being automatically answered. So far so good.

manchester, uk
reviews: 152
7. Re: clever-hotels.com/Navelar and, separately, cheaphotels.com

what is their phone no? they are not replying to my emails or faebook messages

London
reviews: 62
8. Re: clever-hotels.com/Navelar and, separately, cheaphotels.com

DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS COMPANY Clever hotels or Navelar. * they have just emailed to say that they have filed for insolvency taking my £800 with them. Waiting for credit card/travel insurance to see if I can get it back. DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS COMPANY!

reviews: 2
9. Re: clever-hotels.com/Navelar and, separately, cheaphotels.com

Same for me as they are in liquidation and have taken my money only a few days ago. Luckily for me it was for just a nights stay in USA but strangely I had heard inklings and already asked the hotel about the booking and they say they have the booking request with the voucher number I sent them. Just waiting for a reply now to see if they have had any actual payment.

Reply to: clever-hotels.com/Navelar and, separately, cheaphotels.com
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted