We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

resturant.com discounts and deals ? anyone used this site ?

Hafnarfjordur...
reviews: 4
resturant.com discounts and deals ? anyone used this site ?

Hi, has anyone used this website for resturant deals ?

www.resturant.com

It has lot of good deals, sometimes even too good to be true, so I am a bit hesitated to use it. Has anyone tried to buy these dealse ?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 11
1. Re: resturant.com discounts and deals ? anyone used this site ?

I have used it over the years and it is very reputable- just be sure to read the terms and condition for each individual restaurant offer as ALL restaurants set their own and they vary greatly- and the minimum you must spend to use the certificate also varies both by restaurant and as the certificate value goes higher- don't press the purchase till you have studied all of it.

I think it depends where the city is if they are useful- so you might want about some of the places in a local Forum before purchasing. In Las Vegas for example, they are almost all for restaurants far off the Strip so most tourists will have to go a great distance to unfamiliar areas- there are just a few on the south Strip. Here in Ft. Lauderdale restaurants who offer them are mainly in the far west- little mom and pop owned ethnic places or places that have recently opened One restaurant we like has recently raised the minimum you must agree to spend to use their certificate- it is too much for us ( we are light eaters and don't do many courses, so we no longer buy that one). Some places allow you to count alcohol toward the required minimum and others don't- it's all n the T&C's.

Some positives are that the certificates never expire and if the restaurant goes under or changes hands and stops accepting them ( has happened to us) , the company will let you exchange them for another restaurant. Their customer service is very helpful and they seem interested in pleasing customers.

Before I buy any though I look at the menu posted for the restaurant and do a mock order to see if they have things I like and if w will be able to meet their minimum spend ( often you have to spend $50 to get the $25 off etc.) For some restaurants that is not easy for a party of 2. We are very selective which places we buy them for.

I'd say start with one or two purchases and see how you like it- and sometimes they send out promo codes or discounts for certificates- this Xmas they let folks send free $10 off certificates to many friends- I'm sure as a way to find new customers, but it was a nice thing to do for my friends- some enjoyed using them , some never found a place they wanted to use them.

Hafnarfjordur...
2. Re: resturant.com discounts and deals ? anyone used this site ?

Thank you for this info :) we are going on a road trip to USA this summer, family of 5 and I am sure we could use some of these discounts since feeding 5 persons at resturants for 30 days can be expencive :)

Jacksonville...
reviews: 199
3. Re: resturant.com discounts and deals ? anyone used this site ?

Have fun on your road trip. Sounds like a blast.

Iowa
reviews: 32
4. Re: resturant.com discounts and deals ? anyone used this site ?

There is a new offer today....$2.40 for $10 certificates. Enter 'SAVE' in the promo box.

Yes, they are a reputable company. I have used the certificates many times.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
5. Re: resturant.com discounts and deals ? anyone used this site ?

I think that promo code is good for today only. so don't delay... also, since the OP is from Europe, they probably should know that you can make up any zip code when you are trying to get your address to fit in the format designed for US addresses( 90210 is often used). Since the certificates are printed out by you at the time of purchase( or later from your account screen if you don't do it right away) your mailing address does not have to be real. That is often a concern for non US purchasers.

Hafnarfjordur...
6. Re: resturant.com discounts and deals ? anyone used this site ?

Thanks for the tip Lulutoo :)

What if I can not print out the certificates, if I buy them while on the road trip, can I present my email from my phone or tablet ?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
7. Re: resturant.com discounts and deals ? anyone used this site ?

I think so, but I've not done it myself.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
reviews: 62
8. Re: resturant.com discounts and deals ? anyone used this site ?

Many hotels will let you print things. I just printed my boarding pass for my return flight at the hotel I was staying at. Of course if you are staying at more expensive business hotels they will probably charge you to print anything, but many hotels will let you print a page or two free.

Iowa
reviews: 32
9. Re: resturant.com discounts and deals ? anyone used this site ?

<<<<<can I present my email from my phone or tablet ?

In my experience, no. The restaurant needs the actual paper document.

10. Re: resturant.com discounts and deals ? anyone used this site ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 07, 2014