We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Portugal

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 20
Portugal

My Husband and I are looking for a destination in Portugal where there is charm and history and plenty for us to see and do. We don't want concrete/man made jungle and are not fussy about great night life (just some good restaurants). We have been to Madeira a couple of times and love Funchal so something similar but on the mainland would be great. Can you point me in the right direction, and likewise where to avoid. Thanks

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
1. Re: Portugal

I would ask your question on the Portugal forum. You'd be more likely to get the answers you are looking for.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 20
2. Re: Portugal

Thank you, i thought i had lol. New to this question malarky!

Albany, CA
3. Re: Portugal

Of course you know that this country has vast differences from one region to the other.

One area that is often overlooked is the Minho area.

Enter from Oporto to the North ( Braga, Pont de Lima, Guimaraes) are just a few.

The people are friendly, the food is spectacular, the wine is fresh and young.

Lots of history and greenery, as well.

Good luck

4. Re: Portugal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, March 09, 2014