We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

same-day discounted Broadway ticket kiosks?

Las Vegas
reviews: 31
same-day discounted Broadway ticket kiosks?

In Las Vegas, there were two agencies on the Strip that sold same-day discounted show tickets, often half off. Is there something similar on Broadway in NYC? I just looked at Lion King ticket prices at the Minskoff, and it looks like that is just going to be out of the question for my (numerous) grandchildren if I have to pay full price.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 60
1. Re: same-day discounted Broadway ticket kiosks?

The best place to get advice about Broadway tickets is on the New York City forum. There ARE low priced ticket booths there but there is no guarantee that the show you want will always be available.

There are also low priced web sites to buy in advance but if I were you I'd post this question in the NYC forum for the best answers.

Here's the link:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g60763-i5-New_York…

Edited: 9:06 am, January 25, 2013
San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 60
2. Re: same-day discounted Broadway ticket kiosks?

Hi again,

I found all this wonderful info on how to buy discount Bdwy tix on the NYC forum in their Top Questions section:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60763-c1146/New-York…

I am glad the NYC folks wrote this up as I am sure many people ask this question all the time.

Have a great trip!!

3. Re: same-day discounted Broadway ticket kiosks?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 27, 2014