We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gate1 Travel tours to Peru

Newton
reviews: 7
Gate1 Travel tours to Peru

Has anyone had any experience--good or bad--taking a Gate1 tour to Peru and/or the Galapagos? Any other companies you'd recommend?

7 replies to this topic
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
reviews: 182
1. Re: Gate1 Travel tours to Peru

Go to the top of this page and look at the search box in the upper right corner. Type Gate1 tours peru into the search box and click search. It brings up several recent posts from the TripAdvisor community, many were in the Peru forum. Good Luck.

Newton
reviews: 7
2. Re: Gate1 Travel tours to Peru

Thanks so much for pointing me to these other posts. They're really helpful!

Gig Harbor...
3. Re: Gate1 Travel tours to Peru

We absolutely loved our trip to Peru. My first trip with Gate 1 but not my last. Ronald was a great tour guide with so much knowledge of Cusco and Machu Picchu and his assistant, Frank was fabulous as well. Two great guys with so much knowledge.

The hotels were very nice and we espcially enjoyed the hotel in Aguas Calientas (we got one of the suite rooms with a jacuzzi). After a very long day that tub was perfect! There are hot springs there that would be perfect after all the hiking.

The Cusco City Tour was fabulous....I highly recommend it!

SF, USA
reviews: 11
4. Re: Gate1 Travel tours to Peru

My husband & I just returned from a 10 days Affordable Peru Miami Special with Gate1 Travel. It was our

first trip with Gate1 and we were very impressed. Our guide Edgar was wonderful, very professional &

knowledgeable. We upgraded our hotels & rode the vista dome train to Machu Picchu from Cusco and it

was well worth the extra $150.00. The hotels were very nice and centrally located.

Most of our group were first timers with Gate1 and all were impressed. Everything was as promised or

better. We will definitely be traveling with Gate1 again soon.

5. Re: Gate1 Travel tours to Peru

We recently took the Peru 10 day Gate 1 tour. It was a fantastic trip and the accommodations were excellent. We had a wonderful guide Wilfredo who only added to our enjoyment. I would highly recommend this trip to anyone interested in seeing a scenic and historic country.

minnesota
reviews: 16
6. Re: Gate1 Travel tours to Peru

Just returned from the 10 Day Miami special to Peru. Gate One was very organized and timely. We did every optional tour and found them very interesting. Our guides were all very helpful and available. We did the group B tour. Took the expedition train to Machu Picchu and the VistaDome back. The expedition train was just fine, I would not pay the additional just for the Vistadome train. The hotels were satisfactory but the A group might have had better hotels. I would recommend this tour and we will happily book using Gate One on future travel plans.

7. Re: Gate1 Travel tours to Peru

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:03 pm, February 19, 2014

Reply to: Gate1 Travel tours to Peru
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted