We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideas for Easter in Europe?

Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Ideas for Easter in Europe?

Hi, we are a brother and sister from the UK looking to spend a couple of weeks in Central Europe over the Easter holidays. Last summer we travelled from Croatia to Berlin via Budapest and Prague and we're getting itchy feet again!

What kind of places will be interesting in March/April time? It doesn't really matter what the weather's like as long as there's plenty to do, and it's cheap. We're both students and want to try and head off again in the summer (to Spain) so we really can't afford to spend a lot of money at all. I'm guessing it'll be too cold to camp in most of Europe?

Any ideas or itineraries or past experiences would be really helpful :)

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
198 reviews
1. Re: Ideas for Easter in Europe?

Not trying to be rude, but ever think about traveling outside of Europe? After all, it sounds like your main concerns are: activities and cheapness. Being Europe is probably the most expensive group of countries on the planet, you should consider branching out to Asia, Southeast Asia, South America, etc etc....LOTS to do/see there, and cheap as dirt, especially if you're coming from the UK.

Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
2. Re: Ideas for Easter in Europe?

I'd love to go outside of Europe but the airfare is too expensive for us at the moment. For this Easter we're looking at having only about £350 for flights, accommodation, food and extras.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
198 reviews
3. Re: Ideas for Easter in Europe?

I see. I'd head to either Portugal or Greece. Probably two of the cheapest countries in the Eurozone, no?

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
438 posts
109 reviews
4. Re: Ideas for Easter in Europe?

How about heading to Croatia again but then heading East or South? Easyjet are doing return flights, Edinburgh to Dubrovnik for under £100, and you'll get cheap accommodation (plenty of hostels and cheap B&B's) in Bosnia Herzegovina, Montenegro, Serbia, Albania... and you can eat for next to nothing there.

Just a thought.

Edited: 10:05 am, January 24, 2013
5. Re: Ideas for Easter in Europe?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, January 26, 2014