We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for retreat/yoga getaway?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
80 posts
50 reviews
Suggestions for retreat/yoga getaway?

I would like to go on a 7-10 day yoga retreat that offers raw food and or a 'cleanse' of sorts. I've found lots in Costa Rica, but they are very rustic (I dont want to be in a tent with no a/c and bugs invading my room). I can afford a bit of luxury, but DO NOT want a big commercial crowded resort. It's seems hard to find a good balance.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
49,074 posts
62 reviews
1. Re: Suggestions for retreat/yoga getaway?

I don't know about the raw food or cleanse aspect but have you looked at:

bikini boot camp in Tulum, Mexico.

http://amansalaresort.com/

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
80 posts
50 reviews
2. Re: Suggestions for retreat/yoga getaway?

Yes! I keep going back to the Amansala bikini bootcamp website. Only thing is I've been to Tulum a few years back. Would like to try a different destination. .

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
49,074 posts
62 reviews
3. Re: Suggestions for retreat/yoga getaway?

The boot camp site says they also have a location on Ibiza(island off Spain)

IF you hadn't posted this question in the Bargain forum I would have also mentioned Rancho la Puerta which is a gorgeous spot for organic veggie food, yoga + other fitness classes,hikes/etc. It is located near San Diego in Tecate , Mexico and they pick you up from the San Diego airport to take you there. It is a fab place BUT not a "bargain".

Tel Aviv, Israel
9 posts
4. Re: Suggestions for retreat/yoga getaway?

I suggest looking at the six senses resorts - they are yoga/retreat oriented, so you will be able to find a proper spot for you. They are a bit overpriced though, but locations are great!

Kingston, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel
Level Contributor
3,686 posts
106 reviews
5. Re: Suggestions for retreat/yoga getaway?

Not sure what your gender is, and I doubt it would fall under the heading of bargain, but I saw this:

INDIAN HIMALAYAN WOMEN'S YOGA AND CULTURE JOURNEY -- March 2-15, 2013. Immerse yourself in Yoga and Culture in the heart of the Himalayan foothills, India. Ekno Travels offers a 14 day journey for women seeking Yoga through a daily practice with a rich Cultural experience of the place and people. Yoga with Canadian teacher Diane Smith. Spaces are limited for this annual, tried and true Journey-Retreat. Contact info@eknoexperience.com

ktown

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
30,201 posts
35 reviews
6. Re: Suggestions for retreat/yoga getaway?

I know of a lovely hotel in Sayulita Mexico that does yoga retreats - not sure about cleansing, but this would be a good location. The hotel is great and Sayulita is a safe and charming surf town - very affordable. :)

http://hotelitolossuenos.com/

7. Re: Suggestions for retreat/yoga getaway?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 30, 2014