We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort Key – a new SCAM company?

Cambridgeshire
reviews: 34
Resort Key – a new SCAM company?

I am talking about Resort Key http://www.resortkey.co.uk/ and not of any other company of a similar name.

Resort Key have contacted me 3 times from Spain 00 349 66897418, but they are trying to appear to be a UK company by hiring UK staff and even their website uses .co.uk!

Their website is impressive and I was offered on the phone 2 weeks at a luxury resort for £399, follow up email says “1 week at a luxury resort + You have also been awarded a European holiday voucher* for up to 6 people in a holiday resort of your choice in either Fuerteventura, Ibiza, Mallorca, Malta, Portugal, Spain, Tenerife or Turkey. This includes 7 days accommodation and up to 3 return air tickets free! All you have to pay is a small administration fee £44.50pp”

Turning to their impressive website, ask yourself:-

Why is there no company address shown?

Why are there no contact details shown such as phone number and email address? The only contact is through a request form.

Why no membership number for ABTA or ATOL? After all they are selling holidays.

The email they sent me shows a premium rate number of 0843 207 4700

TO ME THIS STINKS OF A SCAM

CAVEAT EMPTOR – LET THE BUYER BEWARE

162 replies to this topic
West Sussex
reviews: 6
81. Re: Resort Key – a new SCAM company?

did you pay buy credit card report it for fraud to your credit card company or your bank if you used a credit card make sure you look up section 75 on google and try and report everything that happend

Berkshire
reviews: 88
82. Re: Resort Key – a new SCAM company?

I spoke to Debbie Gordon of Resort on behalf of my ageing parents. Resort Key have been chasing them with offers of a free 2 week holiday anywhere or a 1 week European holiday with return airfare thrown in free or a 2 week cruise, for £999, now reduced to £649, for two from any port in the country. The holidays are likely to be in 'ex time-share properties' as so many people have ditched them due to the high maintenance costs, I was told.

Apart from any hidden charges the other requirement is that during the holiday they attend a 90 minute presentation to hear what offers their benefactors have for them - "but you can walk out of the presentation at any stage - there's no hard sell".

There is no chance that my parents will be able to tell anyone just how easy it was to walk out of the presentation as they won't be accepting the offer.

Cambridgeshire
83. Re: Resort Key – a new SCAM company?

BeejayBerkshire

These so called ex-timeshare properties, some are in fact not ex at all. I was offered on the phone 2 weeks at a luxury resort for £399 - the Radisson at Golden Bay was included in this, follow up email says “1 week at a luxury resort + You have also been awarded a European holiday voucher*” For a start as far as I am aware the Radisson only offer one week only and NOT 2 weeks at about £169, see the attached link:-

http://www.5starmalta.co.uk/

http://www.radissonmaltaluxuryholiday.co.uk/

Yes I love the Radisson and are very happy with my purchase that I made many years ago, Resort Key did not know this when they phoned. I enquired what was available in Malta and hey presto they offered me the Radisson at Golden Bay, so I know more about the Radisson at Golden Bay than the sales people, having stayed there 5 times.

And no you cannot just walk out; you have to complete the presentation in a morning or afternoon lasting 3 hours.

TO ME RESORT KEY STINKS OF A SCAM COMPANY

CAVEAT EMPTOR – LET THE BUYER BEWARE

Macl1uk

Exeter, United...
84. Re: Resort Key – a new SCAM company?

Thanks

We have been contacted also by Resort key First by phone on 23/ 07 13 when they told us they were in conjunction with R.C.I ( whom we are members with ). As they told us this we paid £200-00p by credit card. Then a few days later they contacted us again wanting MORE money. when we asked why they said it was a special offer where you could pay cash for your holiday instead of using the points system. This is when alarm bells started to ring as RCI email us any offers they have so we asked them to put some details in the post. We did receive some paperwork ten days later but they wanted us to sign the paperwork and return it to them in the prepaid envelope which was enclosed. This we have refused to do and we have now cancelled our credit card so they can't use it without us knowing. Lets hope this so called company can be closed up as we now know it it is nothing but a SCAM!! Thank you David and Vivien

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 3
85. Re: Resort Key – a new SCAM company?

Hi all so glad I checked this out was thinking it was to good to be true tkgod they didn't get any money from me.they have been ringing me for last few days ,I told them I wasn't interested but have to say thy are very persistent ...if and when they ring again I'm going to politely tell them too F U .. Off.

Thanks for reporting this all..

Sharon

Dublin, Ireland
86. Re: Resort Key – a new SCAM company?

SPECIAL OFFER

We would like to thank you for speaking to one of our Representa­tives from Resort Key today.

Fol­­lowing your recent telephone conversation, please find below the details of this unique opportunity

You have been allocated 2 separate weeks of

accommodation, that can be used anytime within the next 2 years and 11 months. As a preferred

client, you have the ability to select from any of our luxurious resorts.

The accommodation is for up to 6 people, how­ever please note that different resorts have differ­ent unit sizes. E.g. some resorts are hotel accom­modation, so will only sleep 2 people.

Your luxury weeks will be left open on a to be

arranged basis, giving you the flexibility to select your date and destination at your own leisure.

www.resortkey.info

Where to use our weeks?

Experience the luxury 4 and 5 star accommodation in destinations such as Canary Islands, Malta, Spain, Dominican Republic, Bali… And many more. Visit our online resort guide for more information.

We have a full reservation team waiting to assist with your booking. You can contact us on the num­ber below with any reservation questions or queries.

When you are ready to book all you need to do is contact our reservations team. The necessary de­tails will be taken in order to process your booking promptly.

Please allow 6-8 weeks’ notice (more in peak seasons) for our reservation team to secure your avail­ability.

We will contact you shortly, however if you have any further questions in the meantime, please con­tact us by return or on our local rate number 0843 207 9819

This exceptional offer is available to you today at the special price of only £398.00

Thank you for taking the time to read the details of this offer, we will contact you shortly, however if you have any further questions in the meantime, please con­tact us by return or on our local rate number 0843 207 9819.

Kind Regards

RESORT KEY

0843 207 9819

www.resortkey.info

No virus found in this message.

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com

Version: 2013.0.2793 / Virus Database: 2629/5906 - Release Date: 11/19/12

Dublin, Ireland
87. Re: Resort Key – a new SCAM company?

Hi this is email I got from them

London, England...
88. Re: Resort Key – a new SCAM company?

hi could you please inform me how i print out the nominat info could you please email me as i have been done by this company in the last month and need to claim my money back throw bank e.rolph@sky.com thank you

Cambridgeshire
89. Re: Resort Key – a new SCAM company?

Elaine

if you want to print out a web page press Ctrl & P, this will bring up the print option and just select the printer you use.

Also worth considering is installing cutepdf this is a free program that converts word and web pages into a pdf document so that you can save the page on your computer and then email it to someone. Make sure that you use a website that gives you cutepdf for free and untick any boxes which add search enguines or toolbars.

Macl1uk

Stockport, United...
reviews: 78
90. Re: Resort Key – a new SCAM company?

This is a scam I have been called by different agents twice in the same day. They are slick & persistent Do not allow them to take any of your money!

Reply to: Resort Key – a new SCAM company?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions