We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clever-Hotels.com

Manchester, United...
reviews: 59
Clever-Hotels.com

Hi, Just been reading about this company on here, and there is little info. They are on Trivago and in some cases much cheaper than the hotels themselves or other sites. We have the odd few people saying they booked and it was ok.

If they were a "dodgy" company, would i be right to assume a forum such as Trip Advisor would be full of complaints, "never use this company" etc etc.

Their prices seem too good to be true but very little complaints...or positives for that matter.

Any thoughts?

155 replies to this topic
accrington UK
51. Re: Clever-Hotels.com

Booked on Sunday night, got a reply email instantly with PDF voucher, T%C's and Reservation Confirmation & Invoice. As it's a LOT of money for a stay in Monaco I have just contacted the hotel, just in case! I'll let you know.

England
52. Re: Clever-Hotels.com

Absolutely interested in your experience, booked with them for next march 2014, got voucher already but now worried of the validityl of booking.

Breda, The...
53. Re: Clever-Hotels.com

Booked last saturday the 20th of July for february 2014. We already got the voucher by email and the payment is already done.

Today I red the reviews and I'm also worried about the reservation. I just have contacted the hotel about the confirmation by email. I'm waiting for a respons. As soon as I have it I will let you know.

accrington UK
54. Re: Clever-Hotels.com

I had no need to worry, I got confirmation from the hotel that the booking was there, so all is good.

Maybe if you receive an instant email from Clever-Hotels there is no need to panic, but of course, better to be sure!

London, United...
55. Re: Clever-Hotels.com

It is as the other comments suggest: They are more than dodgy!! We didn't get a confirmation mail for four days and didn't know if it went through. After entering my payment details the website glitched as the payment was processing & then reverted me back to the stage where it prompted me again for the payment details again. Finally when we recieved a confirmation mail it was from another tour operator called hotel bed. After we waited for a few days we intended to cancel with them but Clever Hotels don't answer the phone. DON'T BOOK WITH THEM

Breda, The...
56. Re: Clever-Hotels.com

Today I got an email from the hotel that I need to contact the travel agency. I contacted the 0800 information number for the Netherlands and they told me that they haven't got an reservation.

To be sure I contacted the hotel directly in France.They told me that the saw my email. But they are too busy with the reservations for July and august. Their advice? Calling back in January, than they can tell me for sure if my reservation came trough. For me is this the first and last time that I booked with clever hotel!

guildford
reviews: 42
57. Re: Clever-Hotels.com

spent a lot of time today on this site to book holiday inn in Woking, it just went round and round and said it was 'connecting'

I originally went to Trivago and was directed to the clever hotels site

the price was good but nothing happened, I ran holiday inn but they wouldn't match the web price so I booked a travelodge, cheap and quick

Manchester
58. Re: Clever-Hotels.com

I booked a hotel in Wellington for me and my husband. I was a little bit unsure if the booking was made as I read all the comments here in this forum. I phoned the hotel and they told me that they had the booking in their system. So in the end everything went fine for us!

manchester, uk
reviews: 165
59. Re: Clever-Hotels.com

Should have read here before I tried to book. I went to them from Trivago so assumed they were OK so why not save £10? . When I confirmed my credit card info the webpage froze so I was left wondering if they had taken the payment or not and don't want to do it again in case I end up with 2 bookings as there is no cancellation refund part of the deal. Sent an email through their site but have heard nothing after 24 hrs so based on some replies here they might still be processing my reservation so I daren't book with anyone else and have a double booking. Should have stuck to the tried and tested like Booking.com, hotels.com/expedia etc

Ennis, Ireland
reviews: 134
60. Re: Clever-Hotels.com

Thanks for all the posts everyone. I should have known TA would come up trumps as usual.

I was just about to book a hotel in Leeds with Clever-Hotels as they are much cheaper than the other booking sites. Think I will stick with my tried and tested sites for the sake of £20 a night!

Edited: 5:15 pm, July 30, 2013
Reply to: Clever-Hotels.com
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted