We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clever-Hotels.com

Manchester, United...
reviews: 61
Clever-Hotels.com

Hi, Just been reading about this company on here, and there is little info. They are on Trivago and in some cases much cheaper than the hotels themselves or other sites. We have the odd few people saying they booked and it was ok.

If they were a "dodgy" company, would i be right to assume a forum such as Trip Advisor would be full of complaints, "never use this company" etc etc.

Their prices seem too good to be true but very little complaints...or positives for that matter.

Any thoughts?

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
reviews: 182
1. Re: Clever-Hotels.com

<If they were a "dodgy" company, would i be right to assume a forum such as Trip Advisor would be full of complaints, "never use this company" etc etc.>

Actually, I noted quite a few postings on them, scattered in theme forums and location forums. You can probably access 20 or so of them using this search address (below) or cut/paste. I also did not see a lot of the do not use posts either, but that still would not be a deciding factor for me, since I still prefer direct reservations over any 3rd party site.

www.tripadvisor.com/Search…

Edited: 12:54 pm, January 07, 2013
Manchester, United...
reviews: 61
2. Re: Clever-Hotels.com

In hindsight I shouldn't have hesitated, as they are no longer showing the hotel I want, and the cheapest one on Trivago now is an even more obscure 3rd party site... Viva Stay .com vivastay.com - presumably no one has heard about them?

Think I'll wait for a few more days as i don't travel until 14 March to San Francisco.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
reviews: 182
3. Re: Clever-Hotels.com

Just type their name into the main search box at the top right corner of the page - type vivastay or vivastay.com - again, several posts.

Belfast, United...
reviews: 10
4. Re: Clever-Hotels.com

Do not use Clever Hotels . Booked a room in jan for a stay in Feb . When we arrived in the hotel in Liverpool we were told that the company had not been paying their bills so they had suspended all trading with them. We had already paid the cost of the room for two nights and the company that deducts payment is call Navelar a German company based in Hamburg . The hotel had asked the company to inform anyone that had already made a booking that they were not providing rooms but Clever hotels did not bother so lots of people were arriving (some late at night ! ) to find they had nowhere to stay . The company is no longer answering e mails . DO NOT USE CLEVER HOTELS !!!!!!

Edited: 8:48 am, February 25, 2013
Belfast, United...
reviews: 10
5. Re: Clever-Hotels.com

I would advise you to check your booking . I also booked a hotel in Jan for Feb ,when we arrived at the hotel the hotel chain was no longer honoring bookings through Clever hotels

Edited: 8:52 am, February 25, 2013
Glasgow, United...
reviews: 4
6. Re: Clever-Hotels.com

I have just had a very bad experience with Clever Hotels similar to what Orla mentioned above.

The company is not answering my phone calls or emails so in essence I lost all the money for my booking (as they deducted it from my account in full) and had to pay out for 3 nights in a new hotel in Amsterdam as we had already arrived.

My insurance company will not cover the loss and I am currently raising dispute with my bank, My advice to anyone considering booking through them. Don't do it.

Utrecht, Utrecht...
7. Re: Clever-Hotels.com

I just returned from a stay at the Ballys hotel in Las Vegas.

I got a great deal through clever hotels and it even included breakfast which isn't standard at the hotel.

Some posts suggest canceling is quite expensive with them but my experience was great. Everything went absolutely smooth and there were no hidden costs at the hotel.

London, United...
reviews: 2
8. Re: Clever-Hotels.com

Same here, I just came back from yet another hotel booked with clever-hotels.com and I am totally happy with my choice. I got a very good deal in a quality hotel and didn't experience any problems while booking or at any point of my stay. I will certainly keep using them both for personal as well as business trips.

London, United...
reviews: 1
9. Re: Clever-Hotels.com

I felt the same as you and went ahead and booked with them. PEOPLE DO NOT EVER BOOK THROUGH CLEVER-HOTELS.COM. A total farce, the worst ever customer service, a customer helpline that has no staff (the number rings and rings or rings engaged) and bad reviews on twitter, facebook and many other websites. v alidating totally my experiences of the last 8 days. I cancelled today and they can sing for their 20% surchage...........total frauds though and through. As for TRIVAGO....10 emails to their customer service dept and no replies again this is common!! DO NOT BOOK THROUGH CLEVER-HOTELS.COM, investigations are being made by many people/complaints even if you have vouchers fully paid for the hotel will prob NOT allow you to stay due to unpaid bills by Navelar the German company who takes their payment..search online you will see tons of bad things about them

London, United...
reviews: 1
10. Re: Clever-Hotels.com

Good Luck in the future then as ive noticed online that they liquidated the company then re-opened but still have my and many other's money somewhere in their vaults. Seems they delete their facebook accounts and twitter accounts when the complaints ALL THE SAME are becoming too much,..............

Get answers to your questions