We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel maid tips

San Antonio
Hotel maid tips

Couldn't find a forum to ask this, but what do you normally tip the maids at a hotel? For me, if i stay longer than 3 days, i will leave $20 U.S on the bed right before i check out. Just curious....i will try to save as much $ as possible when traveling, but i understand maids are not very well paid.

West Bromwich...
reviews: 3
11. Re: Hotel maid tips

Put a $2 - $3 tip on the side every morning, if you leave it till the last day then that person may recieve x-amount for only doing it once where someone else had done it the few days before.

Binghamton NY
reviews: 2
12. Re: Hotel maid tips

Having been a housekeeper, I may over-tip, but no one has complained. Never traveled in third world countries. In Las Vegas guidebooks, it says "$5 per person per night."

I prefer NOT to have someone come in to clean. I am very neat. And sometimes I take a nap or two. When I check in I find my housekeeper and tip her for most of my stay. I tell you I do not want service. Ever. Now we have a relationship. I learn her name, too, so I can leave a good report with the manager. When I pass the cart and grab a few towels, she smiles.

Boston...
reviews: 106
13. Re: Hotel maid tips

Disney hotels do that for everyone regardless of how you tip. It's a standard operating practice - I used to work there.

I tip each night based on local custom so that if a fill maid does clean the room he/she gets his/her due as well.

tucson, az
reviews: 6
14. Re: Hotel maid tips

>>When I check in I find my housekeeper and tip her for most of my stay. I tell you I do not want service. Ever. <<

You can just tell the desk during check-in that you don't want any maid service during your stay as well. It's not uncommon; those of us who work the front desk will pass the message along.

15. Re: Hotel maid tips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 11, 2014