We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Munich Airport to Munich City Centre

London, United...
Munich Airport to Munich City Centre

Hi everybody,

I will be travelling to Munich next week and heared that it might be quite a adventure to get to the city centre quickly because the airport is far outside the city.

Does anybody know which is the best way to travel, how much it costs and how long it takes?

Thanks a lot!!

Rebecca

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
1. Re: Munich Airport to Munich City Centre

You should ask in the Munich forum where you'll find sticky threads with info about travelling from the airport to the city. The airport website should also have information.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
reviews: 182
2. Re: Munich Airport to Munich City Centre

I've done it many times...take the S-Bahn. Here's a post from the Munich forum that describes it. Very simple and easy - and there are ticket windows for kiosk-challenged people.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187309-s301/Munich:G…

reviews: 60
3. Re: Munich Airport to Munich City Centre

June 2013, never having been to Munich I found the forums useful and our transfer was without problem. We arrived at Terminal 2, you need to walk on the ground level to Terminal 1 section D E it is all well signed, this requires going outside for a short time from T2 past the Porsche and back inside in T1. Continue walking straight following the train ticket signs, past 2 sets of escalators to the platform and you will come to a manned ticket desk. Here English was no problem, I needed a one way ticket for two from the airport to city central (Hauptbahnhof is central station, Marienplatz is city centre) and we are staying 4 nights. The girl said immediately this is best, 2 weekly travel on all,bus, tram,s train and anywhere in the city zones and a one way for two. Total cost €48.40 which covered both of us.

She validated our tickets and pointed us to the platform, take any train and the trip will be approximately 35 minutes. It was very easy and has proved excellent for us. Hope this is of some help.

4. Re: Munich Airport to Munich City Centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, June 29, 2014