We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone used FareLab?

San Antonio, Texas
Has anyone used FareLab?

Hi everyone,

I'm in the midst of searching for the best fares to Milan, Rome and London for an upcoming trip to Italy and came across FareLab, a site I hadn't heard of before tonight. Has anyone used it? There's virtually no information about it online, neither in forums or general google searches, so I'm leery about using it. The fares seem way too good to be true, and so I can't help but wonder whether they are.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
reviews: 62
11. Re: Has anyone used FareLab?

I think a better question is why would an airline give it's best prices to some small unknown company? If the purpose is to sell tickets why would the airlines not give their best prices to big companies like Hotwire or Expedia, or just list them on their own websites?

We don't need all those other sites. The only ones who need all the other sites are the people making money off those sites. We have those sites because people think they are going to get a better deal.

I've been on Trip Advisor for close to 10 years and have thousands of posts. You joined last week and you call me a troll?

NYC
12. Re: Has anyone used FareLab?

Having thousands of posts does not mean you can't be a troll. Being on the site does not mean you know or understand how the industry works. You can ask the travel professionals that may frequent this site whether what you said or believe is true. Have you even compared some pricing? If not, you should not make any sort of generalization.

I have friends in the industry, and apparently you do not. Post counts do not make you any more knowledgeable than someone who just started posting.

13. Re: Has anyone used FareLab?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:35 am, January 28, 2013
Toledo, Ohio...
14. Re: Has anyone used FareLab?

The website is Legit. They did charge me a booking fee of $25 odd on a ticket that was worth $160. But was still a better deal than Kayak, priceline etc.

Edited: 10:15 pm, February 06, 2013
Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
reviews: 62
15. Re: Has anyone used FareLab?

Thank you for joining the forum to let us know how wonderful Farelab is.

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 100
16. Re: Has anyone used FareLab?

FareLab is based in New york. The site has been verified and secured by GoDaddy.com.

How would you know this, as this webpage is "hidden" behind a proxy server in Arizona?

Technical Contact:

Private, Registration FARELAB.COM@domainsbyproxy.com

Domains By Proxy, LLC

DomainsByProxy.com

14747 N Northsight Blvd Suite 111, PMB 309

Scottsdale, Arizona 85260

United States

(480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2598

Godaddy.com does not "verify" anyone. You just pay for your webpage. They don't care who you are. .

CA and NV
reviews: 1
17. Re: Has anyone used FareLab?

I wish I had looked at the posts here. I just booked two flights through this booking agency (if it is one) and ended up with NO SEAT assignments. I was told to contact the airline -in this case AMERICAN- and when I did, I was told that the agency was supposed to do it. Now, AMERICAN wants to charge me $25 a person just to get a seat on a flight that's over $725 (Hawaii). Well live and learn. But I will not make THIS mistake again. Back to KAYAK and even the airline itself. Would be better than this mess!!

18. Re: Has anyone used FareLab?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, April 25, 2014
Get answers to your questions