We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sunsearch holidays

ireland
reviews: 14
sunsearch holidays

Hi, has anyone heard of or used these tour operators? I am going away with my daughter to some winter sun for a few days on a budget and these people seem to hit the spot budget wise. Too good to be true???

Thanks for any feedback

19 replies to this topic
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, World Cup
reviews: 3,069
1. Re: sunsearch holidays

Have not heard of them and when entered on the main Tripadvisor search engine it seems the name has never been mentioned before. This most likely means this is a very new travel service related business which comes with natural risks if the company is solely operating as an online business.

Wise of you to ask about the business. Best if you can find some unbiased and real user feedback before considering working with any business in this situation. Best of luck.

ireland
2. Re: sunsearch holidays

thanks for that. By coincidence a radio station here was talking about internet scams and I used their website 'scamadviser.com' to assess sunsearch. They have a high rating which implies they are a legitimate business!!

Edited: 1:58 pm, December 04, 2012
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, World Cup
reviews: 3,069
3. Re: sunsearch holidays

I would still try to find 'real' user feedback from customers that have been satisfied with the business services and not just rely upon a website evaluator program. Besides, scammers are getting better at making legit looking websites.

Then again, to avoid any shadow of doubt, one can always simply book their travel arrangements independently, which is what we do almost all of the time we are traveling. It usually costs a bit more but not always. And we never deal with the stress wondering if we will encounter one of the same horror stories we read about so frequently from those having been burned by scams or just poor-service from the low-cost travel service providers. In the end, we always feel this is worth the little extra spend.

Best of luck in your research and decision making and hope you've a great holiday.

ireland
4. Re: sunsearch holidays

Thank you for your wishes. I am still looking - part of the pleasure is the browsing for a holiday! We have travelled independently on occasions. Once disasterously- read my review of Chateau de Fretay - (Irish family). Since the review was written tragedy occurred when the husband caused his wife's death in a fight. 'murder at the chateau' I think was the Guardian's headline. Could have been a fabulous idyll instead it was a total mess. Anyway... moving on.....just want a clean, nice apartment close to beach where I can do some girly bonding and drinking of cocktails (I am a novice at that!) with my daughter without the 5 men we live with!

reviews: 7
5. Re: sunsearch holidays

Hi bobbieireland! I'm in the same dilemma! Have looked at a great deal for the end of January and its so good am afraid to book it in case its a ripoff!! Have you travelled yet or are you more confident now that its legitimate?

ireland
6. Re: sunsearch holidays

Hi. We have booked after accessing a website that assesses if a website is likely to be fake. Scamadvisor.com. Anyway it came up with reassuring information - all for free, in a matter of seconds. I have had all my relevant holiday details sent through and all seem in order. We are off week tomorrow so hopefully all will be well!!

Cork, Ireland
7. Re: sunsearch holidays

Hi

I am in the same situation ...book with sunsearch or not? If you could give me any feedback how was it and where did you go will be great. thanks

ireland
8. Re: sunsearch holidays

Had a great holiday. All went smoothly.

The only thing that did not work out for me was the transfers - but that was not Sunsearch's fault. I rang Sunsearch because I realise I did not have a transfer voucher, just the receipt. (so print all the vouchers!!).

Sunsearch was extremely helpful and pointed us to the correct transfer. The highly rude personnel at the transfer company was less so but she did find us a transfer again within 30 mins.

Otherwise all went swimmingly.

Where you off to?

Cork, Ireland
9. Re: sunsearch holidays

I am going to Malta in April. Realy good value

ireland
10. Re: sunsearch holidays

Oh lovely. Enjoy!!!!

Reply to: sunsearch holidays
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted