We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London

Cape Cod
1 post
London

My friend and I plan to visit London for our 65th Birthdays. We are looking to go in April. Looked into package deals, but I am so confused about hotels etc. Any help would be really appreciated. We would be leaving out of Boston, Massachusetts. We would like a 5 night vacation. Stay in the city, out of the city, where to go, tour, no tour! HELP!! We have both been to Europe, but never to England.

Thank you,

Jane Allen

stormy9406@aol.com

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
14,254 posts
193 reviews
1. Re: London

First, if I were you I would not leave my email address attached to your post. I would report it (you can do this yourself) and remove it - and then repost.

But, my recommendation is to visit the London local forum board. There is literally tons of information over there, and knowledgeable Destination Experts who know the area. Here's the link:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g186338-i17-London…

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
21,593 posts
25 reviews
2. Re: London

I agree with advice given to you in the previous post ............check the London forum for a wealth of knowledge.......and remove the e-mail............

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, World Cup, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,722 posts
4,241 reviews
3. Re: London

Good luck on your research on the London TA forum. You are going to love London. Lived there for several years and have many fond memories.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
3,723 posts
119 reviews
4. Re: London

London Forum is your friend. You will find all the advice you need on hotels and so forth. You can do it all yourself with that advice..no need for a package.

If you have only five days and it's your first visit, I would concentrate on London itself.

Public transport is easy (and also will be explained on the London Forum).

Many of the sights are free to visit - notably the museums and art galleries.

Oh - Happy Birthdays.

5. Re: London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 pm, December 17, 2013
Get answers to your questions