We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Washington DC

Port Saint Lucie...
Washington DC

Im trying to travel to Washington DC for the Presidential Inauguration in January but dont know where to stay. All hotels I've found are expensive or sold out. Wouldn't mind staying out of the immediate area but not too far away. Any suggestions?

Kingston, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel
reviews: 108
1. Re: Washington DC

You may have more luck posting this on the Washington forum.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g28970-i40-Washing…

Have you checked out hostels - I know there are a few in Washington?

ktown

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
reviews: 59
2. Re: Washington DC

I agree to post on the Washington Dc forum, but you might also look into staying in Baltimore or someplace else on an Amtrak line and taking the train into DC.

Otherwise you might look on sites like airbnb or Craigslist for people willing to open up private residences during this busy time. Of course you have to be careful with that to avoid scams.

Morgantown, West...
3. Re: Washington DC

If you don't mind travelling a bit, you could stay in Hagerstown, MD. It's about an hour to an hour and a half away from DC, and has quite a bit of lodging.

Beit Shemesh, Israel
reviews: 25
4. Re: Washington DC

Try one of the hotels in Greenbelt, Maryland. It is closer than Hagerstown and on the metro.

detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
reviews: 18
5. Re: Washington DC

What is the Presidential Inauguration doing in budget travel, lol.

Yeah all the hotels are sold out, the city is going to be pack. I would love to go but know I'm priced out of the action.

Port Saint Lucie...
6. Re: Washington DC

Thanks everyone. Im new to Trip Advisor so I will post this question in the other forum but I've been looking at places you've suggested and I think Im going to find book something in Maryland.!

7. Re: Washington DC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, December 17, 2013