We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Olotels.com

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 2
Olotels.com

Hi does anyone have any good or bad experiences with this booking agent.

It seems to be the best price out of the sites that I have looked at.

Kind regards

555 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
111. Re: Olotels.com

My husband paid $277/night for a hotel through Olotels.com and was sent to an $85/night room. I am so mad and frustrated at the lack of accountability. I am submitting a formal complaint about this.

112. Re: Olotels.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 3:44 pm, July 24, 2013

113. Re: Olotels.com

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:57 am, August 14, 2013

Jakarta, Indonesia
reviews: 48
114. Re: Olotels.com

Hi, just completed my stay at AETAS LUMPINI thourgh olotels.com. It's all went smooth without any trouble.

I didn't even called the hotel to confirmed my stay and upon checking in, I just show my passport and it was exactly the room i've booked.

Hope my other bookings through olotels will end up like this.

Thank you olotels.....

115. Re: Olotels.com

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:57 am, August 14, 2013

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 1
116. Re: Olotels.com

I booked a room in NYC with Olotels early last week. The website said 'Double or Twin' Room, as I'm traveling with a colleague I decided to phone Olotels directly to specify we needed a twin room and to confirm that we would get one. The guy (Steven) who I spoke to assured me that the hotel had a twin room with two queen beds. I thought that was great so went ahead and booked and paid (a non-refundable fee) with him over the phone. The next day, I received an email from Olotels to inform me that the hotel does not even have twin rooms and only has double rooms. I email them back to tell them that this is not acceptable and that the only reason I booked with them was because they confirmed that the hotel would be able to provide a twin room. That evening I made some enquiries of my own directly with the hotel and discovered lo and behold that they DO have twin rooms and have plenty available at the time we're travelling. When I phoned Olotels to inform them of this, I got shunted around a few times before finally being called back by Steven. He informed me that it would be another $500 for a twin room!!! That's not good enough and nor is it my problem. They advertised and sold a product to me that they're now saying they can't provide. Steven told me he'd make some enquiries with the hotel and get straight back to me on both phone and email. So far, I've not heard back from him and that was five days ago. So far, this has become a very stressful and inconvenient experience, which is yet to be resolved. I wouldn't recommend these guys!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
reviews: 30
117. Re: Olotels.com

Hi Alicia,

Sorry to hear of your troubles.

For the benefit of everyone, I just wanted to ask a few general questions, which is applicable to everyone who has written to this particular thread.

Was this your first ever overseas trip?

Of literally hundreds of online travel agencies, how did you come across this one? And what made you choose them over numerous OTAs with vastly superior online presence? As you can see with numerous threads about this site, the issues are almost endless.

I'm not sure how the agent could state that particular hotel does not have a Twin configuration, when the option is clearly available. It is a very poor handling of the matter and something is certainly amiss with their product knowledge.

If it were at all possible without penalty, I would cancel your reservation and book direct with the hotel. And for future reference, would suggest you stick with the most reputable of the OTAs and direct with the hotel.

York UK
reviews: 19
118. Re: Olotels.com

Recently booked with this company and were a little worried when we then read many negative reviews. However everything went to plan, money taken from account when they said, printed voucher and no problem when presented at hotel. Also by far the best price so would use again.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 1
119. Re: Olotels.com

Hi KVE1005

This is not my first overseas trip, but my first time to the USA. We spent about 2 weeks researching on the internet for good priced accommodation and have never actually used an OTA before. We just stumbled across a great rate on Olotels for this room, but did have some reservations, which is why we decided to phone them directly to confirm they could provide what we wanted rather than just book online. Comparatively it was the best price for what we wanted and SEEMED to tick all the boxes. It was a complete misrepresentation of the product they ended up selling to us. At first I thought that maybe their staff training may be inadequate, but we shall wait and see what comes of it I guess.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
reviews: 30
120. Re: Olotels.com

Hi Alicia,

Thanks for coming back and providing a sequence of events. It helps cautions those who are considering such sites.

Olotels has a tiny online presence and the only way you would stumble across them on the net, would be if your accommodation search based heavily based on price. Unfortunately, for the most part, the cheapest always comes with some sort of catch, otherwise everyone would be using them.

The issue is that now, even if your accommodation all works out, you've already experienced the inconvenience and the stress before you've headed abroad.

Best method is to utilize reputable online agents as a gauge for location, property and price - then contact specific hotels to see if they can better the rates.

Goodluck and hope it all works out for you.

Reply to: Olotels.com
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted