We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Octopus Travel

London, United...
reviews: 5
Octopus Travel

FYI

Hopefully no-one has booked this far in advance.

As of 19th Nov 2012 Octopus Travel no longer trade in hotel bookings on 'strategic advice' from their parent company, who I believe is Gullivers Travel, please correct if wrong. Bookings up to April 2013 will be honoured, call or e-mail about anything booked therafter.See www.octopustravel.com.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
reviews: 1,081
1. Re: Octopus Travel

I suppose strategic review may mean that business has not been good.

I have used Octopus in the past and I found them to be rather competitive, so its a shame to lose them from the market.

2. Re: Octopus Travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:24 pm, November 23, 2012
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 2
3. Re: Octopus Travel

I have paid booking with them for 5 nights accommodation in Bangkok in June 2013.

Does anyone know what the current statis is?

Do I loose my money or will they honor the booking or refund the money?

There email is not responding.

????????????

Thanks if you can shed some light here.

Will insurance cover this maybe?

Edited: 1:12 am, November 23, 2012
Sydney, Australia
4. Re: Octopus Travel

Their phone is constantly either engaged or not connecting.

5. Re: Octopus Travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:24 pm, November 23, 2012
London, United...
reviews: 5
6. Re: Octopus Travel

Marley 2. I wouldn't worry too much about the refund. it will come. The company is not in liquidation/admin. I had accom booked in USA for Aug, one could be honoured and not the other, I asked for refund on both and was reimbursed within 2 days. The only downside that our 1st choice hotel has since sold out and prices have risen. Good luck.

UK it's a OK
reviews: 6
7. Re: Octopus Travel

I have two reservations for a hotel in Colombia.

One in late March, the other in early April so one is cancelled and one isn't. This has been confirmed by both e-mail and over the phone.

I have not received the refund yet but I'm informed I will within weeks.

Sydney, Australia
8. Re: Octopus Travel

No body from Octopus Travel contacted me, I found out by sheer accident.

I did get onto them eventually and hopefull will recieve a refund.

However, I am still out of pocket the conversion fees and the accommodation has gone up.

Sydney, Australia
9. Re: Octopus Travel

Very happy to confirm that I have received a full refund.

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 1
10. Re: Octopus Travel

hi marley, may i ask , how do you get your full refund? because i've been waiting to get full refund for many many months, going to a year now. and they have been dragging this matter like nobody;s business. and when i called them, they are always telling me the same thing that their supplier have yet to contact them about the refund and they are waiting for their call. so what did you do to make them to give you full refund?

please help. (:

cheers!