We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I want to go anywhere!!!

England
reviews: 8
I want to go anywhere!!!

We are looking at taking the kids away at some point during the school holidays next year but we are having t keep the cost down as much as possible as school holidays are not cheap as I am sure your aware!!

We dont care wear we go as long as its gnna be hot and its in the school holidays and the hotel and resort are decent, are there any websites that you can do a search as flexible as we are to try and find the cheapest half decent family holiday in a hotel with decent reviews on here??

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 85
1. Re: I want to go anywhere!!!

Why not look into renting a house or apartment? You can really keep the cost down that way. We usually use VRBO.com and have had overall good success.

Durham, United...
reviews: 41
2. Re: I want to go anywhere!!!

Hi

As gracie-boo states it may be cheaper if you book an apartment.

I am assuming you are referreing to Summer 2013 school holidays.

Have a look at the following sites which may give you a starting point.

http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/

http://www.homeaway.co.uk/

http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/

Hope this helps

London, England
reviews: 39
3. Re: I want to go anywhere!!!

I'm assuming a package might be best if you have kids, but if buying online check you're actually buying a package for maximum protection rather than a series of separate holiday components; and use a credit card for added protection.

You'll probably already know the cheap travel websites (expedia, kayak, teletextholidays, travelsupermarket, travelrepublic, icelolly...) some of which let you search either by 'any destination', or by broad geographic areas.

I'd start with Spain where prices have fallen and look at popular family destinations; for example, if you select 'Balearic bestsellers, or 'Benidorm bestsellers' on teletextholidays.co.uk you'll already get all-inclusive offers under £300 per person per week in hotels or resorts which you can then cross-check against TripAdvisor reviews. Not all these popular resorts are as tacky as you'd imagine- we love Mallorca, although we tend to go off season to smaller places. We've also taken the grandaughters to northern Spain (via Bilbao or Santander) in August and had good value.

Its a difficult call as regards when to buy. I suspect it's far too early to book for next August and that prices will fall in 2103. You could also take a risk and hang on for last minute deals with many of the sites above, or with the big holiday operators themselves (Thompson for example are still showing silly prices of £600+ pppweek)

Alternatively, if you don't mind arranging your own accommodation and transfers from an airport as Steve suggests, you could try my favourite cheap flights scanner http://flightchecker.moneysavingexpert.com

This lets you search flights from UK airports either by destination or an 'I'll go anywhere' option within specified countries and lets you input a wide date range too. August'13 flights are already showing under £80 pp return to, say, northern Spain and will probably come further down in February in our experience.

The problem with these cheap airline scanners is that while Easyjet have already loaded many summer 2013, other cheap airlines like Ryanair haven't. And also, on reflection, its probably not feasible to travel hand luggage only with kids? We can cope with one small bag each even for 2-3 week holidays but if you check bags in on Ryanair, you'll find they're so expensive that they can double your fares!

The moneysavingexpert site also has great general guides and web-links about low cost holidaying - http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/

Good luck- you'll get there!

Sarasota, Florida
reviews: 1
4. Re: I want to go anywhere!!!

Come to Florida. Warm weather, not so expensive beach communities and Disneyland if you must. Its always a good familyfriendly state to travel to.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel
reviews: 24
5. Re: I want to go anywhere!!!

t11cky.....................I too think Florida is a good holiday spot, with something for everyone.............why not read the TA Travel pages for some areas there, and see what hotels/resorts appeal to you..................

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel
reviews: 24
6. Re: I want to go anywhere!!!

Another spot that comes to mind is an excellent family holiday resort.........the Lakitira Beach Resort, southern coast of Kos, Greece, a Mark Warner resort, near the town of Kardamena, which is very family friendly, 1/2 or full board, with lots of facilities and great reviews............

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 186
7. Re: I want to go anywhere!!!

Turkey is a bargain for visitors from the UK. Transportation costs are low. The Turkish Lira is about 2.78 to the British Pound. During the summer there are many all-inclusive resorts in southern Turkey with enough amenities to keep a family happy for a week or more.

The scenery is magnificent, The water is lovely, warm and clear. The people are warm, hospitable and welcoming. The food is great. It would certainly be my first choice for an inexpensive holiday.

Cambridgeshire
reviews: 35
8. Re: I want to go anywhere!!!

It appears that t11cky are off to Malta in late June:-

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g190311-i348-k59…

Flights I understand are costing about £150 per person, wow what a cheap holiday in a 5 star resort!

I totally agree with your choice of Hotel and I am sure you will love it, especially as the accommodation is only costing you about £250 or less for all of you for the week.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i12290-k58805…

Do not make the mistake I did and use the steps down to the beach from the top of the cliff, there are 2 internal lifts to whisk you down 4 levels.

Have a great holiday

Edited: 8:41 am, November 30, 2012
Midwest
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel
reviews: 107
9. Re: I want to go anywhere!!!

Another vote for Spain, based in proximity and beach weather...

10. Re: I want to go anywhere!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 am, December 16, 2013
Get answers to your questions