We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel cards

australia
reviews: 21
travel cards

HI i am wondering what the best way to use money /eptpos without getting stung with a lot of fees travelling from aussie to europe, ireland and england for 7 months would a travel card be the best option and who with thanks

Sheffield
reviews: 93
1. Re: travel cards

Why not use your debit card for cash and credit card for purchases? There are fees but they usually have the best exchange rates. My bank typically charges fees of around 2% for withdrawing cash and then the inter-bank exchange rate. Might be worth shopping around Australian banks to see who has the best deals.

European bank ATMs don't charge fees - it's just your bank.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 2
2. Re: travel cards

Look into GE money 28 degree master card.

No fees if you load it before you go.

I've used it and it all worked out fine.

3. Re: travel cards

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, December 16, 2013