We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AtlasChoice - Do Not Use!

reviews: 11
AtlasChoice - Do Not Use!

Warning! Avoid this company and their sketchy business practices. We used this third party booking agent to reserve a rental car for an unexpected trip. Trying to save a couple bucks ended up costing us more.

Did not realize at the time on their regular looking website that AtlasChoice is an international company, operating w USA partners, and no way to contact them when needed.

We needed to cancel our reservation, and had no means of contact to do so. Local USA car rental company said they "could not" cancel our reservation made through this third party. When unable to find phone number for AtlasChoice, I went to their website. Again, no phone number. It did however list instructions to EMAIL them re: cancelations. So I did that...

Only to receive a reply that our rental was 100% chargeable because we were "no show". Of course we didn't show! That was my whole pint in trying to cancel!!!

Shame on this company for poor business practices. Lesson learned... Book directly through company next time, careful when seeking a "deal", and will ensure I am keeping my USA based business in USA!

30 replies to this topic
Des Moines, Iowa
reviews: 24
1. Re: AtlasChoice - Do Not Use!

Read and understand the T&Cs before you book with any website. They tell you you can NOT call to cancel and there is a 24 hour cancel policy.

Did you read this?.......

Cancellation Policy(s) Cancellation must be done in writing, fax or email at least 24hrs prior to the start of your rental. We cannot accept cancellation by telephone.For full Cancellation Policy, please see Atlaschoice Terms and Conditions.

What did they do wrong? You can't complain about their 'business practices' now. You agreed to them when you bought the reservation.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 32
2. Re: AtlasChoice - Do Not Use!

They're no different to using a travel agent. Once something is booked through a third party, only the third party can make any cancellations/amendments.

Did the list on their website of all their partners not give you a clue that you were dealing with a third party, and did you read their terms and conditons?

Ljubljana, Slovenia
reviews: 1
3. Re: AtlasChoice - Do Not Use!

My October 2012 experience.

AtlasChoice is correct internet business and nothing more than that. However, the car is hired in the real, not the virtual world. Their Maltese partner is a serial cheater. At the airport, he exploits the desire of passengers to arrive as soon as possible to their destination. When delivering car to consumer he adds into contract services, insurance, etc. unsolicited by consumer. If his intention is detected disappears and consumers are left without a car. It does this serial. At the airport, I met two consumers cheated by AtlasChoice's Maltese partner.

When AtlasChoice was warn to their fraudulent Maltese partner, they react very formally. Content did not want to see.

AtlasChoice therefore not a reliable company because they do not control their partners on the ground.

Plymouth, United...
4. Re: AtlasChoice - Do Not Use!

i travel regularly from uk to zagreb, croatia. i have always used atlas choice and have never had any problem with them at all. their local agents have always supplied good, near new vehicles and have never tried to push any extras on me at all. i will continue to use atlas choice for all my car hire needs and can recommend them from my own experience.

Orlando, Florida
5. Re: AtlasChoice - Do Not Use!

I'm not sure about cars, but for hotels it looks like they feed from Tourico Holidays, just a heads up.

alicante
reviews: 2
6. Re: AtlasChoice - Do Not Use!

hired a car from this car company, the flight was delayed on landing when we phoned their partner to collect the car the company had closed 2 hrs earlier then stated, we then phoned their main office & left message after message to no avail. left stranded at the airport we had to then take a taxi to where we were going & then another to pick the car up the next morning. when we phoned the next day both Atlaschoice & there partner lied & lied again saying that they were open & it was our fault we didn't pick the car up. saying i did not phone them. the customer service from both the main company & their partner was none existent , they were rude on the phone & they lied all the way through our complaint making us out to be at fault. would never recommend or use this lying , rude, unproffessional, unreliable company ever again.

Darwen Lancashire
7. Re: AtlasChoice - Do Not Use!

Atlas Choice. Do not Use! I agree, third party for OK cars in Majorca got ripped of with additional insurance to the tune of £160.07 for two weeks hire, plus the car I asked for would fit a wheel chair in the boot, the one they provided would not. other hire companies have the car they provided two levels down to the one I paid for.

Stay Away!

Exeter, England...
8. Re: AtlasChoice - Do Not Use!

Totally agree.... This company are awful. Booked minibus for trip to Italy in June. We turned up after a delay to be told by vendor that our car was already rented out as we were 45minutes late! She showed me terms and conditions to say this, they apparently only had 1 medium sized car left and tried to convince me that our party of 7 will fit into a focus! awful service there, when called atlas choice was told we would get a full refund of £500, and would need to find another company to hire a car from. Found another car for £650 and after wasting 3 hours of our holiday were finally off to hotel. When at home called Atlas to get refund, they denied speaking to us and said we didn't show and will not get refund!!! We a now out of pocket and trying to prove that we are not lying to small claims court. Do not use this company, they will try to rip you off.

Brussels, Belgium
reviews: 7
9. Re: AtlasChoice - Do Not Use!

Had also a horrible experience with them ! And I wish I would've read this before... We rented a car in the Balkans and they gave us a car with broken brakes and wheel bearings. We had to repair the car during the trip and the employee from kia thought we we're suicidal to rent such a car!! We're still trying to get a refund although the hopes are small but even if we do, you do not want to rent a car where you will risk your life!!!

Manchester
10. Re: AtlasChoice - Do Not Use!

Well I would say you get what you pay for!

I had one car hire with enterprise car hire via Atlas choice which was fine then 3 weeks later after my vacation I had another with Alamo via atlas but when i tuned up at the airport i apparently failed an address check even though I have no adverse credit ad have owned my home for 6 years, I offered to have my bank fax a statement but they would not accept it and just told me to call atlas.

I called atlas choice and the Customer service advisor displayed a very rude unhelpful and uncompassionate attitude, no manager or supervisor there for me to speak to nor did the advisor take my details and offer the manager call me when he becomes available, they could not transfer the booking to enterprise (as they would hire me a car) nor would they cancel my car hire with Alamo, so there I was with a 1year old, 9 year old 3 cases and a car seat stranded at the airport!

Thus my car hire for 11 days has in total cost me...

£163.55 Paid to eRentals/atlas for original hire

£92.56 Paid to Enterprise to get myself and daughters home

£180.52 Paid to Enterprise for the remainder of the hire period

A total of £463.63 compared to the original quote of £163.55!!

I am still battling for a refund of the original payment but after almost a month and a few nice and not so nice emails it doesn't look very good!

So no I would NEVER use Alamo car hire which is also erentals car hire again!

Reply to: AtlasChoice - Do Not Use!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions