We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RCI Cruise and Resort Vacation promotion

New Jersey
RCI Cruise and Resort Vacation promotion

I received a telephone solicitation from RCI Cruise and Resort Vacations. It offered two separate 1 week vacations. They could run concurrently if I desired. It consisted of a one week cruise and a one week stay at one of their resorts locations, The price was $2399.00 per couple. Of course it sounded good and of course the sales person advised that accommodations would be good (balcony on cruise).

Other questions not withstanding has anybody received this offer and any advise as to its legitimacy? I could also recommend friends to accompany us on the trip.

120 replies to this topic
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 11
1. Re: RCI Cruise and Resort Vacation promotion

It's a time share company and is not affiliated with the cruise line.. you'll have to endure a high pressure time share sales tour as part of your "bargain- eeek!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
2. Re: RCI Cruise and Resort Vacation promotion

…pissedconsumer.com/hate-rci-20120207295257.…

New Jersey
3. Re: RCI Cruise and Resort Vacation promotion

Thanks to Lulutoo for your input. I suspected as much and don't think I will be using their offer.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
reviews: 23
4. Re: RCI Cruise and Resort Vacation promotion

Thanks to both of you for the info re: RCI........I have had misgivings about them for years, and now see why........

5. Re: RCI Cruise and Resort Vacation promotion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:35 pm, November 08, 2012

Brockton...
reviews: 1
6. Re: RCI Cruise and Resort Vacation promotion

Don't do it.

Parsippany, New...
7. Re: RCI Cruise and Resort Vacation promotion

Hi there, we'd like to clear up any confusion. The RCI Cruise and Resort Vacation package is an offer for a cruise and land package made available through RCI Cruise for RCI subscribing members.

If you have any questions or concerns, you can reach out to us any time at talktous@rci.com.

- Kathleen M.

RCI Cruise Customer Care

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
8. Re: RCI Cruise and Resort Vacation promotion

Good ole Kathleen should keep herself very busy addressing the 200+ posts on the link below, 75% of which are rating them 1 star out of five-lots of people with lots of concerns- don't get suckered in....

www.consumeraffairs.com/travel/rci.html

Boise, Idaho
9. Re: RCI Cruise and Resort Vacation promotion

My mother received the same call. She sign up for it and offer it to me and my wife as a present (i'm her son). At first, we thought it was great, until we did some online price research. We found that not only could we get the best valued cruise at $1800 list price from the cruise (for $1500 if we shopped around), but also, the cruise lines did not charge 600.00 in extra fees charge by RCI for port fees and taxes in addition to the $2300.

When you ad the port fees to the price, its over $2900.00! That is $1000.00 more then the advertised list price of the cruise lines! We went from excitement to disappoint that this company, RCI would rip off my retired mother. I recommended that she ask for her money back, but RCI refused. My wife and I have such a bad feeling about this company that we can't take the free offer from my mother. They are overcharging by 150% and taking advantage of their members. Its clear that their management team is has suffered in its moral development, and is taking advantage of its trusting membership. If they had done this to me directly, I would have them in small claims count overnight for misrepresentation. it's no surprise that RCI has so many class action suits against them. The moral of the story it to stay away for RCI. Sell if you can.

10. Re: RCI Cruise and Resort Vacation promotion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:35 am, February 10, 2013

Reply to: RCI Cruise and Resort Vacation promotion
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions