We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ryanair baggage charges

stokie
reviews: 7
ryanair baggage charges

we have booked with On TheBeach, flying to Lanzarote with Ryanair. We,re horrified to see that we will be charged £45 plus £30 admin from OTB, each way, for 1 x 15 kg check in bag.

Have we got that right as it adds £150 to our holiday cost?

I, ve never flown with Ryanair before, and if this is correct I will never want to go with them again Any advise would be extremely welcome..

United Kingdom
reviews: 52
1. Re: ryanair baggage charges

why didnt you book the flight direct with ryanair ?

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 34
2. Re: ryanair baggage charges

Not Ryanairs fault you booked with OTB. If you'd booked direct with the airline you could have added it at time of booking, and no admin fees to pay.

It's OTB you shouldn't be booking with in the future, not Ryanair!

Ryanair strictly forbids the sale of flights through third parties. This being one of the reasons.

Sheffield
reviews: 85
3. Re: ryanair baggage charges

Please make absolutely sure that Ryanair will recognise your booking. As Leyland says, they do not permit third party bookings. In particular make sure that you can and have booked in on line and have boarding cards printed out for both legs of your flights.

If and when you do book directly with Ryanair, they do charge for all sorts of extras like hold baggage and checking in at the airport.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
4. Re: ryanair baggage charges

"Have we got that right as it adds £150 to our holiday cost?"

Doesn't sound right to me. Even in high season, a 15kg checked bag to Lanzarote with Ryanair costs £30, not £45. If OTB adds an administration fee of their own it has nothing to do with Ryanair.

Lots of airlines these days charge extra for checked luggage. You need to take this into account when comparing the overall price between different companies.

Ulm, Germany
reviews: 49
5. Re: ryanair baggage charges

Ryanair charge different amounts for baggage depending on the destination. We paid 40GBP for a 15kg case from Germany to Stansted last week, I believe it would have been 50GBP in summer.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
6. Re: ryanair baggage charges

Germany to Stansted in October would be £15 for a 15kg bag (each way). The fees are listed on the Ryanair website:

ryanair.com/en/…regulations-tableoffees

stokie
7. Re: ryanair baggage charges

thanks to you all once again for your input.

It definately said £45 for the Ryanair part of the fee and, as you say, the admin from OTB ,£30, each way.This was all to be booked through the OTB website. Thats why I was so shocked, as I was happy to pay about £30 each way. I have printed off my boarding passes,and emailed the hotel who have confirmed my booking, but I will not be using OTB again, and have learnt a valuable lesson in checking with Trip Advisor before I book any holiday again, as rules change so rapidly nowadays.

We are flying on Sat 3rd so fingers crossed it will be the relaxing holiday we need.

stokie
8. Re: ryanair baggage charges

it gets worse!!

Ive just noticed that my boarding pass, printed through OTB, has my 1st name with one letter different to my passport. I think they must have taken it from my email address ,which is the more familiar use of my name. is that likely to be a problem?

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 34
9. Re: ryanair baggage charges

It could well be! Was it right on the confirmation that OTB sent you? They should not be checking in for people. How on earth can they answer security questions about baggage etc. It really is no wonder Ryanair has initiated legal action against them.

I still don't know how they can say £45 each way is Ryanair charge. If you look at the link lex has posted in #6 you will see the fee for 1 x 15kg bag is £20 each way, low season to Lanzarote.

Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
10. Re: ryanair baggage charges

Hi

Read this:

www.travelweekly.co.uk/Articles/Details/41424

This is exactly why Ryanair do not use travel agents.

Jackie