We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gate 1 Ecuador

ohio
reviews: 9
Gate 1 Ecuador

Has anyone traveled with Gate 1 to Ecuador? We are looking to book a 10 day Classic Ecuador. The itinerary is great, and the hotels are the same as most other tours, but the price is substantially lower. Is there a catch?

19 replies to this topic
Austin
reviews: 7
1. Re: Gate 1 Ecuador

I have not taken the Ecuador trip, but I've done 4 other Gate1 trips and they are good. I recommend the company.

Halifax , Nova...
reviews: 1
2. Re: Gate 1 Ecuador

Just returned from the Ecuador 8 day classic adventure with Gate 1 and it was incredible. The hotels/resorts we stayed at were beautiful, the food was delicious, the itinerary was fast paced, interesting and well executed. Ecuador is a gorgeous country. The crafts are inexpensive and locally made and the local food was a bargain price. Our tour guide Antonio was well informed and took very good care of us all. Our driver was A-one and we felt very safe. Gate 1 is a great company, we also went to Turkey through them and loved it and we'll be taking another trip with them again.

Halifax , Nova...
reviews: 1
3. Re: Gate 1 Ecuador

There's no catch at all. Ecuador is a really good deal and is a great place for the budget minded. The country was safe, the local food very inexpensive and the hotels were very clean and in beautiful locations. Gate 1 takes good care of it's customers.

Alberta
reviews: 25
4. Re: Gate 1 Ecuador

We just got back from Ecuador where we travelled with Gate One. It was our second Gate One trip and it was absolutely amazing. Our guide, Carlos A. and our driver were incredible.

The trip was amazing; we loved everything about it. We would recommend Gate One unequivocally.

ohio
reviews: 9
5. Re: Gate 1 Ecuador

Thanks for the update. So glad you enjoyed your trip. We are going in February.

Anderson, South...
6. Re: Gate 1 Ecuador

is it necessary to get the yellow fever vaccine for this trip?

Anderson, South...
7. Re: Gate 1 Ecuador

I am going in June, are you getting any vaccinations for this trip?

Osage Beach...
reviews: 78
8. Re: Gate 1 Ecuador

Yellow fever vaccination is not required but you should discuss the trip with your Doctor and follow their recommendations -

Osage Beach...
reviews: 78
9. Re: Gate 1 Ecuador

Is there a catch - no - great hotels - good food outstanding guides

The only "catch" is that it is an 'intensive" trip squeezing (IMHO) too much into too little time - I suggest you consider trying to add a day or two on each end to let you actually see Quito (and Guayaquil if you are going there) - the base Gate 1 tour barely gives you time to catch your breath much less sleep or sightsee in these cities - we arrived Quito at 11:30 pm and with customs, immigration and transportation did not get to bed until after 2:00 am with a 6:15 am wake up call for the day's activity which included a very short two stop Quito city tour - same at the end in Quayaquil - arrived at 4:00 pm with a 3:30 am wake up call to leave for the airport at o dark 30

Overall we loved it but would have loved it a lot more with options to actually see more - given the cost and time adding a little more cost and a couple of days would have been a big improvement for us

Anderson, South...
10. Re: Gate 1 Ecuador

Thanks, Do you know if other people on the tour took the vaccine prior to the trip? Was this subject discussed by the tour guide?

Reply to: Gate 1 Ecuador
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted