We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

we are holidays company

Liverpool, United...
reviews: 1
we are holidays company

hi has any one tried booking with WE ARE HOLIDAYS for the Gran oasis resort tenerife

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, World Cup, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
reviews: 3,282
1. Re: we are holidays company

Seems this business name has never been mentioned on Tripadvisor to this point, at least I couldn't find anything using the Search Box other than this very post.

If you can't find unbiased user reviews (not the actual companies posted testimonials on their own website) than its my opinion that its not worth the risk and that you'd be best off booking your travel arrangements directly or working worth an established and reputable travel related business, which will have a credible history and easily found user reviews of their services.

Best of luck whatever you decide to do.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
2. Re: we are holidays company

Are you talking about www.weareholidays.co.in?

London, United...
3. Re: we are holidays company

AVOID WEAREHOLIDAYS.BIZ AT ALL COSTS!

We used these cowboys to book another hotel in Tenerife and were left without a hotel for one night midway thought out stay as they didn't book our room for all of the nights we booked, and they charged us for.

Despite telling weareholidays.biz 5 days before the night where there was no booking (after the hotel realised the problem and informed us), and wearehoplidays advising us by email that the issue had been resolved and the room was now booked, it wasn't and the hotel was fully booked for that night meaning we had to tay at another hotel for that one night, thencheckin again the next day.

I called weareholidays after the hotel confirmed there was still no booking and they said theywould get straight onto it and call me back, but didn't.

I followed up with an email and called them 18 times the day before we had to vacate our room, but they didn't reply or answer.

In the end we had to pay to stay at another hotel, and even for the remainder of the holiday and after returning tot he UK, we received no contact.

We are now starting legal proceedings to recover the costs incurred and compensation for the major disruption and stress to our expensive and supposedly relaxing holiday.

Thefirst warning signs should have been when they would only accept payment by bank transfer and not debit/credit card where Visa or Mastercard would have been able to dispute the payment after the problems had come to light.

4. Re: we are holidays company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:35 am, December 08, 2012
Bristol, England...
5. Re: we are holidays company

we are having alot of problems with them. they have taken the best part of 2000.00 pounds out of our account and have been promising us it would be back in our account in 5 working days, but we are still waiting and they keep making excuses. The hotel we have booked is in tenerife and are getting very worried.sorry should of said we do not owe them 2000 quid!

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
6. Re: we are holidays company

Joanne, from reading the earlier posts I think you need to clarify exactly which company you have booked with.

London, United...
7. Re: we are holidays company

Further to your recent comments, we have looked at our records and cannot determine any client who we have had an issue with, certainly one without a night's accommodation. We also find it very strange that you feel we do not accept card payments.....we accept all major credit/debit cards as well as Paypal. We receive occaisional bank transfers when clients request this, which is quite normal . Our good repuation is absolutely essential to us and we would be very grateful if you could contact our office as soon as possible on accounts@weareholidays.biz

Edited: 8:32 am, December 03, 2012
Leicester, United...
8. Re: we are holidays company

I travelled with weareCyprus (part of weareHolidays) last year and they were brilliant and I've just booked again. I asked them about this review and they said they had replied to the negative comments as they have no records of them. I suggest anyone with an issue just ring them, whenever I've tried it's been answered pretty quickly

London
9. Re: we are holidays company

I have just been tricked by We are Holidays on a holiday to Tenerife staying at the Bahia del Duque Hotel. They took money for me for a 10 days holiday and then only booked an 8 days holiday for me at the hotel. They took the whole payment upfront by credit card. They now claim that something was wrong with my credit card and they were only able to take payment for 8 days which is completely untrue. I can see on my credit card statement that the whole payment for 10 days was taken. They now say I have to pay for the remaining two days myself here directly when in reality i have already paid for the full vacation. Unbelievable. I will deifintely report them for fraud when back in the UK. Please everyone beware of this company when booking holidays.

RG

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
10. Re: we are holidays company

Why does anyone use such obscure companies for booking anything? It is really asking for trouble IMO.