We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Globe Hunters

Globe Hunters

I have just booked a flight from Manchester to New York with Globe Hunters. The price was cheaper than with other agents and airline companies. I booked by phone and the agent was courteous and helpful. Two hours after paying I received my eTickets. So after initial wariness, I can say that I am very pleased with this company and the way that they dealt with my booking.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
reviews: 182
1. Re: Globe Hunters

Oh, no....not again....

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12290-k3781966…

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
2. Re: Globe Hunters

There's also this one:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k41523…

I would strongly recommend people stay away from this company.

Birmingham, United...
reviews: 164
3. Re: Globe Hunters

I am very reassured by your experience, as I have just received my e tickets from them for a flight to Orlando with Virgin. Should I check with Virgin?

Edinburgh, United...
4. Re: Globe Hunters

That's always a good idea when buying from a 3rd party.

Birmingham, United...
reviews: 164
5. Re: Globe Hunters

Phoned Virgin Atlantic and flights and all bookings are confirmed and cannot be changed or cancelled without me knowing.

London
6. Re: Globe Hunters

I've had a unique experience with Globe Hunters. We booked our tickets in September and had a confirmation. Since then, there was some confusion and our tickets got cancelled. We were very angry and not happy at all. We rung them today and were extremely annoyed. We asked to speak to the supervisor and since then our experience has changed. We have been wowed by their floor manager, Sunny who had apologised to us and totally understood our frustrations! In fact he has worked so hard in the last 2 hours that not only has he got us new flights but also on the same dates with a very good airline and only charged us very little extra! Given that it is November and we are flying out in December, all tickets are very expensive! Still Globe Hunters have managed to keep their word and deliver fantastic service

Crawley
reviews: 16
7. Re: Globe Hunters

I have just returned from New York after booking with Globe Hunters. I was really worried once I booked as I never received any confirmation or email from the company and then did some research and noticed all the bad reviews about them on Trip Advisor. After contacting Globe Hunters chasing them for my paperwork they sent me my e-tickets 4 days after booking. I contacted the airline too to make sure the flights were confirmed and they said they had been. I still didn't believe the tickets existed until I got on the flight. Their admin is not the best as you have to do all the chasing, but they did save me money on high flight prices.

brixham
8. Re: Globe Hunters

this has reassured me a little bit, I have recently booked about 3 days ago with no confirmation. im al little worried as they did not ask for my passport details, im ringing them up tonight after reading these reviews to make sure it all gets sorted

Edinburgh, United...
9. Re: Globe Hunters

No airline that I can recall has ever asked for my passport details when booking a flight so I wouldn't worry for that reason.

10. Re: Globe Hunters

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 14, 2014