We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TIPPR Travel Website

Seattle
reviews: 1
TIPPR Travel Website

I got an email from the TIPPR website that offers a $128 deal to travel to Paris or London from Seattle with hardly any restrictions - you have 2 years to use your voucher. Can anyone tell me if they've received t his offer and if it's legitimate? Thank you.

Kingston, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel
reviews: 108
1. Re: TIPPR Travel Website

I had a very quick look at this It doesn't include taxes etc, which of course are likely very substantial (the largest proportion of the ticket cost). It also appears that you need to book your hotel through them, paying full rack rates for the hotel.

I doubt it would actually turn out to be a bargain at all.

ktown

Seattle
reviews: 1
2. Re: TIPPR Travel Website

Thank you so much for steering me in the right direction! I have trouble seeing the "fine print" in these sites because I'm so swayed by the low airfare. Thanks to Trip Advisor and well informed people like you!

Kingston, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel
reviews: 108
3. Re: TIPPR Travel Website

Not a problem!

Glad to see you here on the TA Bargain Travel forum.

ktown

Minneapolis, MN
reviews: 2
4. Re: TIPPR Travel Website

Tippr has this deal again today. Looks incredible. However, where exactly does it say you have to book your hotel through them? I see no mention of that anywhere within the terms of this deal, nor in the fine print.

Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
reviews: 20
5. Re: TIPPR Travel Website

Click on the button that says "View all terms":

"Offer is valid once hotel accommodations have been booked through One Stop Travel; minimum number of nights (7 nights for London/Paris) required depending on the departure and destination cities requested; may request alternate location"

"Most holidays and special event dates are not available; blackout dates may apply "

Checked quickly with one of the five hotels you can use in London and the prices where double of the rates the hotel themselves sell the rooms for.

So for the Holiday Inn Regent's Park you'd have to fork over US$2450, while a check on random date have a room at the same hotel for US$1295.

So even if you pay the price of the airfare they claim is real (out of season prices can easliy go several hundered USD under the price they claim), it's cheaper to book the ticket and hotel separately - and directly from the one who actually do the work (ie airline and hotel).

Minneapolis, MN
reviews: 2
6. Re: TIPPR Travel Website

Oh wow. I don't know how I missed that. What a huge ripoff. I'll make sure to avoid any & all deals from Tippr going forward as it's hard to trust a company that pulls stunts like these.

Thanks for warning me away! :)

Monterey Park...
7. Re: TIPPR Travel Website

"So for the Holiday Inn Regent's Park you'd have to fork over US$2450, while a check on random date have a room at the same hotel for US$1295."

I checked for the holiday inn hotels in London and they both are 290/night and with a 8 night minimum stay, it ends up to be $2320 for 8 nights. I tried booking a room to the same holiday inn on their website and the rooms were $370/night on the same day to same day. So in fact booking the room with the deal is actually cheaper.

Did you do that too? because you stated "So for the Holiday Inn Regent's Park you'd have to fork over US$2450, while a check on random date have a room at the same hotel for US$1295." and that is a huge difference!

My biggest concern is when you stated "It doesn't include taxes etc, which of course are likely very substantial (the largest proportion of the ticket cost)." which is true because I wonder what the total price of the flight tickets would be.... =[

Edited: 8:14 pm, December 10, 2012
Philadelphia...
8. Re: TIPPR Travel Website

I purchased this deal today believing that Tippr was a legitimate website as I read about it in one of the popular women's magazines and I have always wanted to travel to Europe. Now I'm not so sure I did the right thing as i am reading about all kinds of scams from this Tippr site. Do you think they are legitimate and do you think this really might be a good deal after all? Really want to go to Paris!

Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
reviews: 20
9. Re: TIPPR Travel Website

BTsan - Tipps/One Stop Travel seems to demand a 7 night stay for London. And offer 3 Holiday Inn hotels in London. And where you manage to get a US$370 price from I don't know. Holiday Inn Regent's Park gives me a price of £210 a night (USD338) when I look at the price for a deluxe room with breakfast and dinner - This is in January. At the same dates they offer advance rates for £100 a night (US$161).

Then you continue saying "My biggest concern is when you stated" at the end of your posting. Please direct your queries at the person who actually states the things you want to question.

In my book this is like most such "deals" just something to lure the unsuspecting traveller. The deal is not good, and as the airfare from the US to Europe easily can get well under US$1000 and there are a great many more hotels to choose from in Europe than the handful this company offer - this "deal" isn't worth the virtual paper it's written on.

Chicago
10. Re: TIPPR Travel Website

I don't know about their travel site, but their product site is a sham. They sent me a broken item and after making me jump through hoops (including making me contact their merchant myself) for 10 days, I've gotten no where with them. Wouldn't trust any travel deal of theirs for sure!