We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do not book with Booking.com

Wolverhampton...
reviews: 11
Do not book with Booking.com

Had problem with the hotel I booked through booking.com.

Contacted them to complain.

Initially they were very helpful - but then took the hotels story over ours,despite me providing a written account of the incident backed up by photos. Made no attempt to sort problem out and instead fobbed me off with a standard reply. I will NOT be making use of their service again.

Delphi,Greece
Destination Expert
for Delphi
reviews: 86
21. Re: Do not book with Booking.com

kaj's post dates one year ago. I don't think he still reads this.

Thread was revived by Shyaku, post #14...

Manila, Philippines
22. Re: Do not book with Booking.com

Same problem here. How did you resolve this problem? Did they still ask you to pay? Booking.com shoved us off and ask us to talk to the hotel directly.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
reviews: 58
23. Re: Do not book with Booking.com

In general, it your issue is payment related, that is correct. You need to speak with your hotel, as Booking.com does not handle any form of payment.

Callander, United...
reviews: 6
24. Re: Do not book with Booking.com

Booking .com have no affiliation with the accomadation providers on their site. They are there purely as a booking agent. I am a B&B with them and the same applys to

us if we have a problem we have to sort it ourselves. They are only interested in making money

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
25. Re: Do not book with Booking.com

>>>if we have a problem we have to sort it ourselves<<<

That depends on what the problem is, and who caused it doesn't it? Heavy on words and light on substance.

>>>They are only interested in making money<<<

Does your B&B operate for charity? You've always got the choice to remove your listing and do your own marketing

London, United...
26. Re: Do not book with Booking.com

Both my partner and I have been using Booking.com for years with no real problems. However I have just booked a hotel with them which cost £2000. I then found the same hotel, room and board basis offered by travel republic for £868. I contacted Booking.com as they have a policy of matching any lower priced offer. They say 'its a different hotel'. It is not. The details and address are the same. I have sent them a screen shot but they won't fulfil their promise. Never again!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
27. Re: Do not book with Booking.com

I have a feeling there's some details missing here.

Point 3.4 of Booking.com's Best Price Guarantee is rarely met.

Edited: 5:13 am, July 31, 2014
Iowa
reviews: 30
28. Re: Do not book with Booking.com

I agree, KVE. Something is missing.

<<<<<They say 'its a different hotel'. It is not. The details and address are the same.

So, what is different then? I would think it would be hard to argue this point.

It may be the same hotel but all other things must be the same too. Everything.

Edited: 7:00 am, July 31, 2014
UK
reviews: 11
29. Re: Do not book with Booking.com

I have booked several times with Booking.com & not experienced any problem.

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 162
30. Re: Do not book with Booking.com

Have you written any review on TA or booking.com to share your experience with other travellers? I saw that you have a lot of reviews on restaurants but not on hotels.

It was unfortunate that you had such bad experience, but your posting is not going to send the millions of users of booking.com away. Though I don't use them a lot as I always prefer to book direct with hotels or airlines, but on those ocassions when I booked with booking.com or expedia I have had no problem.