We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do not book with Booking.com

Wolverhampton...
reviews: 11
Do not book with Booking.com

Had problem with the hotel I booked through booking.com.

Contacted them to complain.

Initially they were very helpful - but then took the hotels story over ours,despite me providing a written account of the incident backed up by photos. Made no attempt to sort problem out and instead fobbed me off with a standard reply. I will NOT be making use of their service again.

65 replies to this topic
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
reviews: 182
1. Re: Do not book with Booking.com

So, you booked with a 3rd party booking site and had customer service issues. This is a common theme on the Bargain Travel board. I wonder how much you "saved" in order to not go directly and book with the hotel?

Iowa
reviews: 27
2. Re: Do not book with Booking.com

Your complaint is meaningless as it is. What was the problem with the hotel? Why couldn't the hotel resolve your problem?

Paris, France
reviews: 8
3. Re: Do not book with Booking.com

Thank you so much for your advice, I will add it to my lost along with Expedia, Kayak, Ebookers, Lastminute.com and the rest.

You had a problem with the hotel itself, not the 3rd party site that you used. You're not even explaining your problem!

Let me guess, you booked a cheap nonrefundable room and them decided that you wished to cancel?!

Edited: 6:40 pm, July 13, 2012
Norwich, United...
4. Re: Do not book with Booking.com

Along with Travel Republic, ive never had a problem with Booking.com either

Monkey6870

Wellington, New...
reviews: 236
5. Re: Do not book with Booking.com

I have never had a problem either. Booked many rooms through booking.com. Once had an issue with a hotel in Venice and complained through booking.com and was resolved enough for us - we got back a % of our rate due to the inconvenience. I was very happy with the process

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 6
6. Re: Do not book with Booking.com

I have consistently used Booking.com since 2009 and have never had an issue. Of course, there's always an added risk when dealing with a 3rd party (extra layer of communication). But if you take a few simple steps, you'll find things work out very well.

Check the booking/cancellation policies very carefully prior to booking.

Soon after booking, reconfirm with the service provider by emailing the hotel with the booking reference number (or log in to the airline's "my reservation' portal with the booking reference id). If there are any any discrepancies, contact the online agent for assistance.

Edited: 12:36 pm, July 16, 2012
Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka, Limassol, Cyprus
reviews: 74
7. Re: Do not book with Booking.com

I have never had a problem with them

Wolverhampton...
8. Re: Do not book with Booking.com

Actually Slashoc we were unable to stay in the hotel due to the ceiling falling in on us. My complaint with Booking.com is that it did not back us up - and took no responsibility for our care, despite the fact that the room was booked through them. I suggest you save your sarcasm for when you know the facts!

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
9. Re: Do not book with Booking.com

It is not up to to an online hotel reservations agency to take responsibility for your care. It is up to the hotel who you have the contract with.

London, United...
reviews: 69
10. Re: Do not book with Booking.com

I also have used booking.com many times with no problem at all. I can't see what you would expect them to do about the ceiling collapse! Their job is just to make your reservation. If there is a problem with the structure of the room once you get there, you sort that out with the hotel; seems clearly nothing to do with the reservation service. I'm sure there are other authorities you can appeal to for help if the hotel don't deal with the situation appropriately (depending which country it's in etc).

Edited: 10:01 am, July 19, 2012
Reply to: Do not book with Booking.com
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted