We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelsort.com - Anyone ever use them?

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Travelsort.com - Anyone ever use them?

In search of a luxury hotel for Paris, I came across a site called Travelsort.com, for which I signed up and requested more info about several hotels.

They are obviously a new company, but have little written about them elsewhere online. The site itself has an "old Gilt Group"esq signup process where you need an invite and even presents itself as such, though it isn't. It seems to be more of just a travel agency with a marketed (but likable) twist.

Their reply to my hotel request was nothing far fetched in terms of price, but definitely very competitive compared to other standard means of booking.

I'm just seeking some confidence here as there is so little written about them elsewhere. Any input on these folks? Please reply ex feelings or hunches - I need to get this trip booked asap! :) Thanks!!

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
9,300 posts
62 reviews
1. Re: Travelsort.com - Anyone ever use them?

Here's my hunch. I looked at the website and it says membership is free, but numbers are limited. Perhaps that's just someone's idea of a marketing technique, but that is one sign of a scam to me. It sounds like they are trying to get people to act fast, without thinking or doing any research.

I also question how some new, unknown internet company is going to establish what they call " wholesale partnerships ". If there even is such a thing as wholesale partnerships in the hotel industry wouldn't top luxury hotels want to partner with known companies rather than an unknown start up?

This sounds very risky to me.

Iowa
Level Contributor
8,218 posts
32 reviews
2. Re: Travelsort.com - Anyone ever use them?

Is this an auction or bid type site. I didn't sign up to enter but I did look at the Terms. They say you buy 'credits' to use to purchase hotels. Is the entire site operated this way?

San Pedro, CA
3 posts
3. Re: Travelsort.com - Anyone ever use them?

Not a big fan of that type of landing page. I think they should provide a little more info about the company before asking for your contact infor.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Travelsort.com - Anyone ever use them?

Thank you all for the reply and @hawkeyetough88 that's funny I didn't even see any auctions on the site itself. I see what you saw though in their terms page. But no "auction" tab.

How it worked was I saw the hotel listed, clicked the "request info" button, and then got a personalized email an hour later with details of the cost, etc. They said if I wanted to book to let them know our names and they would send a link to a secure booking page.

I mean they seem fine, and again their rates were competitive. But scarce user-base right now. Anyone else?

Edited: 3:59 pm, July 09, 2012
Kingston, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel
Level Contributor
3,686 posts
106 reviews
5. Re: Travelsort.com - Anyone ever use them?

I wouldn't do it. When I fly a great distance from home and arrive tired at a destination I don't want to worry that to save a few dollars there may be a problem with my booking.

Have you checked into using one of the bidding type websites such as Priceline or Hotwire? They do have their problems, but it might be a viable option for you.

ktown

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Travelsort.com - Anyone ever use them?

So I guess nobody around these parts has used them then. They have a lot of PR - they've got articles on USAToday, NYTimes, HuffPo, etc., which is much more than most agents have. If anyone knows feel free to post away. They come off very friendly/smart, etc.

I didn't worry about the sign up process by the way, just their rep as a booking agent. Gilt Group did this in the beginning as does Pinterest, etc. It's a traffic builder. Thanks again!!!!

Iowa
Level Contributor
8,218 posts
32 reviews
7. Re: Travelsort.com - Anyone ever use them?

Will you post links to the NY Times, USA Today, and Huffington Post articles about this company, please?

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
9,300 posts
62 reviews
8. Re: Travelsort.com - Anyone ever use them?

I found a couple of blogs on Huffington Post. huffingtonpost.com/travelsort/how-to-fly-fir…

They seem to be blogs written by someone associated with Travel Sort, not unbiased reviews of the company.

Iowa
Level Contributor
8,218 posts
32 reviews
9. Re: Travelsort.com - Anyone ever use them?

Blogs are all I found.

The OP says, " They have a lot of PR - they've got articles on USAToday, NYTimes, HuffPo, etc., which is much more than most agents have."

Maybe the OP can clarify what 'articles' they found.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
10. Re: Travelsort.com - Anyone ever use them?

@hawkeyetough88 please no need for the tone I just did a google search for travelsort.com and travelsort. I'm in the same boat and I nicely asked if anyone ever used them, that's all, not open up to sarcastic negativity.

But to answer the question I just googled again / took a closer look and przyk is right its mainly press releases and syndicated posts, and the links I saw were to articles written by their team but placed on those sites mentioned.

So I dunno - still if anyone ends up using them pls let us know. It would be very helpful to hear some input. Thanks again.